Original topic:

Problem of green screen and display flickering in galaxy devices

(Topic created on: 10-16-2020 12:05 AM)
Akki4Wasan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
I got to know about new problem like green screen and display flickering in my galaxy S8 device after September software update..When we increase or decrease brightness then this problem occurs..Bunch of galaxy device users has same problem..
I request Samsung to release software update to solve this problem as soon as possible
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
how you basically update your device software bro ? it's recommended to use smart switch and pc or odin or through authorised samsung service center as many users lost their display before by simply software update via mobile data or wifi this is not proper process where samsung provides non A/B partition type ota software not like other company hence anything mysterious can happened with device by software loop holes formation
0 Likes
CottonSwab_
Beginner Level 2
Others

you clearly dont know what youre talking about. a/b partition layout is new starting with android 9. it has nothing to do with the problem. samsung is only stubborn to not add seamless updates functionality like new oneplus devices.

youre that guy who think he knows everything just because he installed twrp. awful.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
aji Ghanta.....may you don't know that google mandate A/B partition type ota from android 11 only for all company .... if you simply update software via mobile data or wifi where a company providing non A/B partition ota then anything mysterious can happened...I am using same device and I allaways flash my firmware...so it can't possible that one device destroyed and another not just after software update by same software
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Adjust the brightness: Settings > Display > Adjust the brightness.

* Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon. To exit safe mode: Restart your device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Ashish1702
Beginner Level 3
Others
same issue on my s8, couldn't resolve it. similar issue on my family member's s9
0 Likes
Ariyan009
Active Level 4
Others
same issue with my s8 very disappointed.