Original topic:

Music playback controls on AOD

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 07:01 PM)
VX7
Active Level 2
Options
Others
On android 10 (One UI 2.5), if my phone is locked and screen is off while, trying to connect headphones to the audio jack, the phone will show a music control on AOD (Always On Display) for 5 seconds to start music immediately. This feature was very useful for me. But after the one ui 3.1 update (Android 11), this feature is gone and shows only lockscreen while connecting headphones to audio jack. Is there any way to bring back that music control popup on AOD ? if anybody have a solution, please reply the steps to enable it.
11 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
Go to settings >lock screen >always on display and check show music information enable or not
VX7
Active Level 2
Others
It's already enabled. But that pop-up isn't appearing. Instead shows lockscreen directly.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
Pop up means?
VX7
Active Level 2
Others
Which means it appears only for 5 seconds immediately after connected headphone to audio jack with a close button on top in a fullscreen mode in AOD it only contains prev, play, next buttons and album title without any background. Unfortunately I haven't any screenshot of it.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
Its normal
VX7
Active Level 2
Others
I think it's part of samsung music app. I'm not sure. If anyone have android 10 with Samsung music please consider checking it out
0 Likes
VX7
Active Level 2
Others
Yes it's the feature that comes with samsung music it's called "music with screen off" thos option is absent in my samsung music which runs inside one ui 3.1
0 Likes
VX7
Active Level 2
Others
Look this is what I'm talking about

20210406_225412_63817.jpg

0 Likes
ventiaaaaw
Active Level 4
Others
music control on AOD
0 Likes