Original topic:

Exynos 990 vs Snapdragon 865 in S20 Series

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 10:57 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Others
In a recent Annual General Meeting with the shareholders Samsung's Chip Division was grilled and advised to ship Snapdragon 865 instead of Exynos 990 for Flagship S20 Series.

Smasung Chip Division Grilled

It was a decision that took many by surprise as Samsung wasn’t expected to choose the Snapdragon over its own Exynos chip for the Galaxy S20 models meant for its home country of South Korea.

Countries having access to Snapdragon865 in S20 series

1. United States
2. China
3. Japan
4. Latin America

Countries where exynos 990 of S20 series are sold

1. South Korea
2. Europe
3. Asia and Rest of the world

The fact remains that the Snapdragon chip has been more efficient than the Exynos for a few years now. It was the case with the Galaxy S8’s Snapdragon 835 and Exynos 8895 while the Galaxy S10’s Exynos 9820 was almost a generation behind the Snapdragon 855 as it was built on the 8nm manufacturing process compared to the 855’s 7nm process. That disparity doesn’t exist in the current generation but with the prices for its flagships crossing $1,400, more and more customers feel that they’re getting the short end of the stick just because of where they live

There is now a need for Samsung to balance this business decision of buying a chip from a company within the conglomerate against the genuine concern of customers who demand truly consistent performance from their flagship device which Samsung does not agree as they claim both the chipsets go through same level of rigorous testing before getting launched in the real world.

Trivia

Continues Throtle of GPU

A company named AnandTech had finished testing S20 series with both exynos990 and Snapdragon 865 and the result were obvious Snapdragon was way better than Exynos. The points where

The Exynos 990 frequently throttles the GPU, which in turn affects frame rate in games over longer sessions of play. Furthermore, when the high performance power mode is enabled, the Exynos 990 behaves “weirdly and incurs quite a large power penalty”.

As Long as Exynos is at par with Snapdragon Samsung will not have problem in selling Devices with Exynos chipset.Else they have to ditch the Custom Core Exynos Processor and sell devices with Snapdragon.

Exynos feeling the Heat of Snapdragon

21 Comments
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
bro south Korea is getting SD 865 now.(you mentioned it, again bad habit)...

also done this before even phone got released.. again done this aftet phone got released...
and again done this just because i was bored...

literally heat is felt when you have Exynos.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes i just checked it out that South Korea is getting SD865.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
no one fking cares... they just buy the phone and complain.... never check it before...

this was the post

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S20-s-Exynos-990-vs-Snapdragon-865/td-p/3658244

anyways Nice post .. keep it up
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
You are right...thodasa cosmetic changes kardiya....bus bada screen hai game khelenge....exynos bixinos ke baare main hum kyoon soche....then after 1 month...they come to complain...after feeling the heat...😂😂😍😂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
and bro you had posted a month ago and i believe people still bought it even being a samsung member
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
bro i posted it even before.... but they didn't just see that and upgraded...
afterall that they didn't know YouTubers are paid to promote and only few mention about Exynos...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Exactly bro....i dont believe in much Youtuber videos as the same had happened to me while buying A50S (a mid range phone) as A50 was facing terrible issues of network, camera and Finger Print Scanner was tereible inspite of updates....then i researched in samsung members for 2 months regarding A50S after the launch as there was not much complaints...and then i invested my money and bought it
Others
exynos is not compete snapdragon processor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes Exynos it is not as it throtles the GPU which affects while the frame while playing games