Original topic:

External Microphone Stopped working after Android Update

(Topic created on: 01-31-2021 12:22 PM)
Doc2Rock
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
Hello, I am a user of Samsung M21 since 3 months in INDIA now. I was using a C Type USB Sound card to connect and use external mic for Voice Recording and Videos that I make. However, I updated to One UI 3.0 and Android 11 yesterday, after which the USB Microphone has stopped detecting sound on my phone. Well, I checked the Same USB and Mic on other device without update and it's working well, meaning there is an issue with Samsung Devive, One UI 3.0 or Android 11.0... The Voice recorder even says it is recording through external mic, however it doesn't record any sound hence detection is not a problem, definitely some software issue. I visited the samsung members community and found so many other users having similar problem with previous version updates as well.
Please guide me to a solution, or provide me a way to downgrade my Software update to previous version so that I can continue using my device as before.

Thanking you.

16 Comments
ndjf
Active Level 8
Others
Try resetting settings from general management
0 Likes
Doc2Rock
Beginner Level 2
Others
What setting precisely should I change ?
0 Likes
Doc2Rock
Beginner Level 2
Others
what settings exactly?
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Samsung_6umEO0l
Beginner Level 2
Others

Why don't you do it yourself???   You can see the problems people are having!

Why don't you post a link to Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions)???

Where are we supposed to find that???

I'm not a geek, I just expect things to work and clearly they're not after a recent update.  What are you you doing about it.  It's REALLY frustrating

0 Likes
jjanjilithanam
Beginner Level 2
Others
how to activate call record
0 Likes
Samsung_vt6zSmh
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi 

i am also facing mic issues after One UI3 android 11 update sometimes when i call a person i can hear their voice but they cant , sometimes its working fine Please help me to sort out the issue My model is Samsung A50  

0 Likes
tabletuser20xx
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 2019 SM-T290 model and updated from Android 10 February 2021 to April 2021 security update and have the same problem.  All local microphone recording is fine, but any type of video or audio calls over the Internet the Microphone doesn't work.  I called Samsung and they asked me to contact Google (Meet), Telegram, Microsoft (Skype) for a software update, but this worked fine prior to the security update.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Minihassan
Beginner Level 3
Others

I have same.issue reset factory has not solved this messenger is used by my daughter every day this has now made this product useless. I have been advised to turn off hey Google if its on that's my last try don't know what more to do. Even duo doesn't have sound yet product records fine via audio message and video message ??? What the hell is going on was fine b4 last update. Please roll out a firmware fix for this my 6 year old very disgruntled !!

0 Likes