Original topic:

Dual Messager and Message pop ups

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 08:35 PM)
P0z
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Hi All,

I am new to the Samsung world and have run into challenges when setting up the device to operate as I prefer it. 

First question
Is there a way of disabling the pop up message and have the phone still vibrate to notify me of a message? 

Second question
I am trying to run dual whatsapp, the second whatsapp works, however, I am unable to view status, download media sent, it says something about internal storage. 
9 Comments
P0z
Active Level 4
Others
Tried all that but no luck.
0 Likes
P0z
Active Level 4
Others
Tried that, still nothing, I was advised that, I need to get a memory card.
0 Likes
P0z
Active Level 4
Others
I'm battling with that, the device is 256 gb, why do I need additional storage to run a secondary whatsapp.
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Others

Hi, P0z kindly access the device Settings> Notifications> Under Notification pop-up style tap "Include apps"> then disable WhatsApp so as to not have a pop-up message on the screen when receiving a WhatsApp text.

Please provide more information related to your query and please advise what error message are you getting when using the second WhatsApp?

Please also provide a screenshot of the error.

These details will help us properly understand the situation you are facing and allow us to offer the support you need.

0 Likes
P0z
Active Level 4
Others
The error I recieve says that the media is not on my device's internal storage. Screenshot_20211019-122023_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20211019-122044_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20211019-122007_WhatsApp.jpg
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Others

Hi, P0z Apologies for the inconvenience caused, Samsung is aware of the symptom which may appear on Galaxy devices that WhatsApp of a certain version(v2.21.10.16 and later) is installed.

To resolve this symptom, Samsung is scheduled to release a software update soon, please check for updates to your device software regularly via the FOTA. (Settings > Software update).

To ensure the best experience, Samsung encourages all users to keep software and applications up to date at all times.

Samsung is committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences.

Before the new software release, it’s recommended to follow the below tips to send and receive the files properly with dual messenger of WhatsApp.

Kindly forward the files received on 2nd WhatsApp to 1st WhatsApp by sending it using Messages > Open the received files with 1st WhatsApp.

0 Likes
P0z
Active Level 4
Others
Hi Tsogo, does that mean in the mean time we live with the issue? I mean this means that the business leg of this is shot, I can't be sent stuff quickly on whatsapp? Is there an **bleep** on when this can be fixed. I mean whatsapp is widely used and taking that away is unimaginable
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Others

We currently do not have information on the software update release to resolve the issue, however, Samsung appreciates your input, and our team of experts will investigate the possibilities of improving the product functionality.

0 Likes
SebyJ
Beginner Level 2
Others
I have the same issue. Dual Apps especially whatsapp is not functioning properly 😑
0 Likes