Original topic:

Device rooting

(Topic created on: 06-28-2019 05:53 PM)
dj9494
★★
Options
Others
What is rooting??
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or macOS. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices. Thus, rooting gives the ability (or permission) to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized applications ("apps") that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system. Root access is sometimes compared to jailbreaking devices running the Apple iOS operating system. However, these are different concepts: Jailbreaking is the bypass of several types of Apple prohibitions for the end user, including modifying the operating system (enforced by a "locked bootloader"), installing non-officially approved (not available on Google Play) applications via sideloading, and granting the user elevated administration-level privileges (rooting). Many vendors such as HTC, Sony, Asus and Google explicitly provide the ability to unlock devices, and even replace the operating system entirely.Similarly, the ability to sideload applications is typically permissible on Android devices without root permissions. Thus, it is primarily the third aspect of iOS jailbreaking (giving users administrative privileges) that most directly correlates to Android rooting.

Have I ever rooted my device??
Yes, many times.

To be honest I started using Samsung galaxy series due to two things one was camera and other was rooting. My first galaxy device was galaxy S3 and I rooted it within 6 months of my purchase. On top of this costom ROM for Samsung flagship mobile were widely available. I still remember my boot video was of dragon ball z cartoon. 

So anyone here have ever rooted their devices?? If yes let me know in the comments and let's start some discussion regarding the same
10 Comments
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Others
Yes I have also rooted few devices, few years back it was kinda cool but now I don't think rooting is that much necessary as earlier. Still it is fun and interesting to try out Custom Roms.
0 Likes
Others
true!! but it's always fun to customise your mobile device with full control over your device
0 Likes
inder1991
Active Level 2
Others
yes i rooted my samsung galaxy note 3.
0 Likes
Others
wow. tell me your experience with a rooted device and which device you are using presently??
0 Likes
inder1991
Active Level 2
Others
currently using s8
inder1991
Active Level 2
Others
experience was good with custom rom and fully control over the device.
0 Likes
Others
ya the control over your device is a really cool thing
0 Likes
inder1991
Active Level 2
Others
which device are you using and rooted it?
0 Likes
smyasin677
Beginner Level 2
Others
slwo motion video not my a20
0 Likes