Original topic:

Deleted SMS by mistake

(Topic created on: 10-22-2020 04:01 PM)
abusihaa
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Due to many if not ALL Samsung phones user's loosing very important details in messages [ SMS ] by accidentally deleting them and unable to recover them i think it's about time Samsung should address this issue by adding a recycle bin to the messages app just like it did to the CONTACTS, GALLERY, MY FILES applications to save it's members from this horrible experience once and for all. 
3 Comments
MdTajammul
Active Level 7
Others
I am using Note 9, but same options go from

Samsung Cloud gives you ability to back up multiple types of texts including enhanced messaging contents, MMS and SMS. Provided that you've got a Samsung Cloud backup of your Galaxy device from before the time your text messages disappeared, you may be able to recover them.

For many people this is quite the easiest way of recovering deleted SMS messages on Samsung.

From Settings, tap Accounts and backup.
Tap Backup and restore.
Tap Restore data.
Select Messages, and tap Restore.Screenshot_20201022-144025_Samsung Cloud.jpg
0 Likes
abusihaa
Active Level 3
Others
well my brother i totally agree with you but wouldn't it be much easier to have a recycle bin option rather than the back up option and how many people either know or have the time to remember to back up their data on daily basis....in most cases scenario people back up only when they upgrade their devices or during fixing the phones, after all now that the feature is working perfectly with the apps I've mentioned am sure it will do the same with the message app it's just a matter of a software update to ALL SAMSUNG HANDSETS no big deal
0 Likes
Members_Admin
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hello! Your recommendation is shared to the concerned team. Hope we can see this considered in the future.

0 Likes