Original topic:

Breathing Exercises for COVID-19

(Topic created on: 08-16-2020 01:54 PM)
HarshMali
Options
Others

• Hello.!! Members
  • My self is Harsh Mali & I'm Physiotherapist. & I help people to live a healthy lifestyle by using my physiotherapy knowledge.

Note - All exercises are only for normal people, if you are suffering from any lung disease or any other disease, please consult with your doctor before performing these exercises.

•  After doing following exercises daily, your lungs will become strong & healthy.

This topic will help you to fight against COVID-19 pandemic

Ways to fight against COVID-19

1.    Social distancing
    2.    Personal hygiene
    3.    Immunity    
    4.    Healthy and fit lungs

·      A Healthy lung is important even more important in this Covid-19 pandemic because it affects the respiratory tract.

·          Let’s take an example to understand how healthy lungs can help you to beat COVID-19.

•   Suppose the arrow is a coronavirus and Fox is your lungs. When corona virus attacks to weak lungs, it can be put you in danger, but if corona attack strong lungs the lungs can give a fight to coronavirus.
    •    Following simple and basic exercises can make your lungs strong,

Benefits of breathing exercises 
    1.    Strengthen your lungs
    2.    Develop breathing control
    3.    Provide relaxation (which help you to reduce stress & anxiety)
    4.     Lower blood pressure

Note – breathing exercise has many effects but in this I have only mentioned COVID-19 related effects.

Exercises

Ø Diaphragmatic breathing
    ·      Ideal position to perform this exercise is as shown in the image above. But you can perform it in sitting or while sleeping.

·      Put your one hand on your stomach, keep your neck and shoulder relaxed, and do deep breathing (breath as much as you can). while breathing observe movement of your hand which is placed on the stomach. concentrate on that movement while breathing in hand moves outward and while breathing out hand moves inward.
    Note-you can achieve the above position with the use of pillows.

Ø Pursed lip Breathing
    ·      Sit straight and upright, relax your neck & shoulder, and take a deep breath through your nose and simply breath out through mouth with pursed lip (like you are blowing candles.)

Chest mobility (thoracic expansion) exercises

·      Due to sedentary lifestyle and laziness, we all have lost some amount of chest mobility, except people who are athletes and who perform yoga & pranayama on a daily basis.

·      Following exercise will help to improve your chest mobility.

Ø Breathing exercise with shoulder movements.

·     to perform this exercise, sit straight and upright and as shown in video while taking your hands up breath in and while taking hands downward breath out.

Ø Butterfly exercise

·      Perform this exercise as shown in the video.

Note – perform all exercises 4 – 5 times in one session and at least perform this exercise twice a day for better results.

Don’t do over exercises, because exercises are beneficial, only when you do in advisable range.

Combine these breathing exercises with your cardiovascular exercises to get better results.

We know what it takes, because we’ve been in this race since life on earth began, and virus hasn’t beaten us yet.

Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy

You can Follow us on My Social Media 
    0 Comments