Original topic:

Be careful when buying on Amazon...

(Topic created on: 04-02-2022 06:22 PM)
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Options
Others

In the last couple of years, Amazon has began clubbing user reviews of products, where products included in the reviews are very different, even completely unrelated to each other.

I was looking for a screen protector for my S22 Ultra, and found one with several thousand reviews, mostly positive.

Screenshot_20220402-180638_Amazon.jpg

I'm aware many of the reviews are **bleep**. There are several paid agencies whose job is to post reviews on behalf of the seller. So i used the filter feature in the reviews section:

Screenshot_20220402-180719_Amazon.jpg

And guess what, there is not a single rating or review for the item advertised:

Screenshot_20220402-180736_Amazon.jpg

So the almost 13k reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars are for other products, not the one being sold. They have clubbed the reviews of screen protectors for all sorts of devices, including other brands.

It is possible that the filter they have set is incorrectly configured. There are users who have reviewed the item for S22 Ultra, and most of it is negative. But the fact remains that products are being clubbed together to create a very misleading impression of quality.

This holds true for several other products too. I have reported this issue to Amazon couple of times before, yet they continue with this practice.

Even if Amazon has an excellent system in place for handling returns and replacements, one must still be mindful of this fact and read through the reviews before making a purchase decision.

Most importantly, do check if the review is actually for the product you are planning to buy.

14 Comments
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Others
Screen guards for some of the phones are not available in local shops. So for those, online purchase is the only option.

I once spent over ₹ 1,400 for OEM screenguard. It last only 2 months and started to shatter/ crack from the sides. I didn't know what happened. It was definitely not my fault. I then bought one for about ₹150 and using it it last for over 1.5 years. Works perfectly.

No, I'm not on any Telegram groups. Not comfortable joining them.
0 Likes
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Others
👍🏼
0 Likes
LLJW999
Active Level 4
Others
Plz recommend me a good tempered glass with fingerprint working...I m very confused which to choose
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Others
I haven't found any. As far as i have heard, nothing works properly. Fingerprint scanner is one thing that these tempered glasses are not compatible with. I'm using without a screen protector. What about you?
LLJW999
Active Level 4
Others
Yeah me too got couple of minor scratches due to this...but unseeable If u r not focusing enough like very hard... guess I will get samsung membrane protector to prevent scratches...I didn't got one yet as I wanted to get tempered glass.
0 Likes