Original topic:

Android 11 | How to Wipe Cache Partition ?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 09:26 PM)
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Options
Others
It is always recommended to wipe cache partition after every big update, as it deletes old cache and rebuilds new one for the updated software. Sometimes old files could possibly affect the performance and bring some occasional stutters and bugs here and there. 

Recently, with Android 11 update the process to enter into recovery mode has changed a bit. So, here's how to clear cache partition in Android 11 :

1. Turn off your device Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger) 

2. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears. (This is important)

3. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until the device turns on.

4. Recovery menu should appear from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).

That's it!
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
ya👍
0 Likes
adamkee97
Beginner Level 3
Others

I just updated my Galaxy S10 to Android 11 but failed to enter recovery mode with the old method. This method helps. But for the S10 series, we need to hold down the Bixby button as well. 

Thank you, Keshav. 

0 Likes
SDFazuluddin
Active Level 1
Others
I am also facing same issue Samsung A71
0 Likes
Others

I don't have a working pc at my house so on a whim I powered my Note10+ down , plugged it into my Fire tablet , did the steps above and it worked as advertised . As usual I wiped it 7 times then rebooted the phone .

The tablet still uses the old method to wipe the partition cache  fwiw 

0 Likes