Option in one ui 2.0

S10+
Its is very useful for us
#samsung
6 Comments
Rohan9910
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung is the only Android phone which mutes the Multiple User function. It's a real shame considering it's an android function activated on all other android phones, I mean all including even the cheapest except Samsung which deliberately mutes it.
Rohan9910
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
android operating systems that support two or more simultaneous users.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Because samsung uses knox and using multi users would trip it.
0 Likes
Rohan9910
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
why knox, will not work on both user
if hardware and operating systems is one
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Beacause Knox has the same use. Using parallel profile or account would result in another parallel profile. So is disabled for security reasons
0 Likes
samsamj
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

This doesn't make sense. Isn't Knox/secure folder just an encrypted storage space? Why couldn't this encrypted storage space still work with Google Android user profiles and guest mode. I've been trying to make do with running some apps in secure folder, but the multi-user function that's native in Android is much better for my use cases (keeping separate profiles for work vs personal, an additional profile for when kids play with the phone, and the ability to have a private profile for adult communication), and having quick access to guest mode when I lend my phone to someone). Multi user accounts also makes it easy to manage multiple social media accounts that I manage for my businesses.

So now I'm forced to carry a Moto phone by Lenovo because it has the stock Android with multi-user profiles in addition to my Samsung. Very frustrating.

Secure folder feels very klunky for my needs even after using it for a while, and kids mode is also useless vs a custom profile with the apps that I want.

It's frustrating that my top of the line phone (S21 Ultra) is frustrating to use for these use cases, vs lower end Android phones that don't have the great cameras.