Original topic:

slowness, focus issue and battery backup is worst after upgrading to one ui 2.5

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 12:02 AM)
mravi009
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all,
I am using s9 for last two and half years and its becoming worst after every update. I think oreo version is the only stable and good version to work with s9. I am facing lot of issues especially after this upgrade
  • Battery backup became worst, I know battery will become weak year after year but for me its bad to start with and post one ui 2.5 upgrade it became worst. Used to get 2.5 hrs sot but now it went down to 1.5-2hr
  • Phone became slow and you know how much slow it is ... it takes a second to unlock.
  • Camera focusing issues, see the picture below

Here its completely out of focus

Here partially in focus

I installed via smart switch. Cleared cache partition post installation
And coming to the battery i used couple of cycles to completely change and discharge them started to monitor and the results are same.
Used phone in hd+ resolution fhd+ resolution and also in qhd resolution, the difference is in minutes.

Any suggestions on how to fix these things. Don't want to change my phone just because it got screwed with the update. Is there any way to roll back.
5 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
for slowness you can try these settings in developer option

go to developer option and disable or decrease animation scale to. 5x
may it will work for you,

If you not yet enable developer option then follow these steps

Steps to enable developer option
settings >about phone>software information >then u find build number >tap 7 times>then back to settings
and at end of settings one new option called developer option
click on it and find that option

Screenshot_20200729-000546_Settings_58258.jpg

Screenshot_20200729-000600_Settings_58260.jpg

0 Likes
mravi009
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I already did this but still no use
0 Likes
beingrahulag
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
bro even my s9+ got the same issue. battery discharging is the main culprit. it has become horrible experience, i couldn't describe in words
0 Likes
KabeerV
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Try getting the phone flashed once at Samsung care, if you updated to One UI 2.5 via mobile data...
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report)along with screenshots, short videos and error log file, so that we can assist you accordingly.
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes