Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

"Remove permissions if app is unused"

(Topic created on: 01-20-2022 05:40 PM)
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
 Is there any option to disable "Remove permissions if app is unused" in one place so that it applies to all the apps? I use S20 FE 5g. Please someone explain the benefits and disadvantages of the same. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Its a privacy feature that runs automatically for apps which haven't been used for 3 months or more.

By default its on for all apps. You need not do anything. If you want to turn off for some app then you can go to app section in settings, click on the desired app and then in its permissions you'll see the toggle for the feature

View solution in context

0 Likes
21 Comments
Solution
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Its a privacy feature that runs automatically for apps which haven't been used for 3 months or more.

By default its on for all apps. You need not do anything. If you want to turn off for some app then you can go to app section in settings, click on the desired app and then in its permissions you'll see the toggle for the feature
0 Likes
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Thank you
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Click on the three buttons and mark as solution 😁
0 Likes
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Will definitely.. is there any harm to the performance of the apps if we just leave it on? Or should it be turned off?
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Nope no performance issues. Its a privacy feature available on all android 11 and up devices
0 Likes
stijnhommes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Of course there are performance issues. An app that requires camera access won't work if this app decides to remove the camera permission (or freeing up space) without your input because it claims the app is "unused".

JayStarr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

So what if you've turned this feature off for some apps, but it keeps doing it anyways? 😒

stijnhommes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

That is not a solution. It means you have to go through EVERY single app on your device and shut it down manually instead of turning off a slider or checking a box. I can't go through all the apps on my list and turn it off on all of them one by one. We need a more practical way to turn this off especially now it's not just removing necessary permissions but also "freeing up space" for which I never gave permission in the first place.

PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
True
0 Likes