Original topic:

captions keeps turning on by itself even after switching it off in you tube app

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 11:30 AM)
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
My phone has captions set to turn on automatically with every video that I watch. I can turn them off manually just fine, but they come back on every time I watch another video. I found the setting for this on PC easily enough, but I have absolutely searched the entire mobile app, and as far as I can tell, there are no options to adjust this in the app.
Is it a problem with the phone or is it with the android 10 version.  
Any one facing the same  issue with the youtube app? If so pls let me know
I'm using s10 lite 
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Hello arjuntr,

You need to check your youtube settings and want to share, some content creators also put captions on their video hope this is not the problem in your case.

Resolution - You need to tap on the profile icon, tap on settings and find an option named 'captions'. Turned them off.

Hope this will help !

Thanks
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I checked all options but still in some video's subtitles keeps showing even though we have disabled it
more specifically videos with auto generate subtitles never show (once caption is disabled) but video with embedded subtitles (such when we press caption icon it shows, English, arab,Chinese..etc) shows all time even when the captions are turned off
0 Likes
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
for example in the screenshot the subtitles keeps on showings even if we disable subtitles it automatically shows
0 Likes
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
where as in this one were u can see auto generated subtitles it doesn't show when we disable the caption option
0 Likes
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
check this link there are many people reporting this issue what I'm worried is does ma phone has any software issue's or is it with the youtube app/android 10?
any one experiencing the same pls let me know
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hello arjuntr,

If its possible try to unistall and reinstall application and if not possible then disable it once and enable it.

Hope this will solve the problem, else you can use youtube go alternatively.

Thanks !
arjuntr
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
tried everything(uninstall, reinstall, disable den enabled) but same condition persist
but youtube go works fine
is it any bug with the phone software/or with you tube app?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If youtube go working fine then, it is not the problem of device but with G-account or youtube application.