Original topic:

cant create secure folder..

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 01:38 AM)
Eddiee
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Cant create secure folder on s8 plus and i was using it before..does anyone know the solution??
26 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi, have you updated your Samsung account with a new email address ?
0 Likes
Eddiee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
no..its telling me could not create secure folder
0 Likes
Galaxy S
In this case have you rooted your device or are you running a custom ROM ?
0 Likes
Eddiee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
no its not rooted..what is a custom ROM?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Custom ROM replaces your device’s Android operating system with a new version of the android operating system.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Any way try to long press the Secure Folder icon for one second then select App Info > Force stop, then select > Storage > Clear Catch & Clear Data "This will delete you Secure folder stored data" then restart the device and try to open your secure folder to set it up again.
Let me know if this solution was helpful.
0 Likes
Eddiee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i tried still not working
0 Likes
Eddiee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my phone was broken and i sent it to the tecnician..after turning it on my apps arrangement were messed up, another app layout called work came too and the secure folder doesnot open
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I think that your technician had to install a custom rom after fixing your phone, If your device is rooted or is running a custom ROM, then Secure Folder automatically locks to prevent unauthorized access. then you can no longer access data inside Secure Folder, so better to check with technician and make sure what he did exactly before doing further steps.
let me know later if you need further assistance.
0 Likes