Original topic:

WiFi stability issues in 1st Aug Security update on Galaxy S20 FE 5g phone

(Topic created on: 08-20-2021 02:45 PM)
amohan78
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

The latest security patch for Samsung S20 FE 5G (SM-G781B/DS) released on 1st Aug2021 , build# G781BXXU4CUH1 has a MAJOR BUG with regards to WiFi Stability. I have reported that it is causing massive WiFi throttling in my device. 

The BIGGEST problem in this phone is its WiFi 6 performance have severely degraded after applying this patch. I connected to an WiFi 6 router with 500 Mbps broadband connection. After 2 consecutive speedtest, the WiFi 6 degrades from 500+ Mbps speed to <20 Mbps speed. And after 15 mins , the speed is back to 300+ Mbps. Again do 2 consecutive speed test and kaboom !! Speeds down to 20 Mbps.

I also have Samsung A50s and M30s which at least keeps it consistent at 230 Mbps all throughout. 

I have done speed test prior to applying the Security Patch and all was good in that version. How do I reverse to the old security patch (which I am sure I cannot) and how would Samsung know of this bug ?

32 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
May be this issue will resolve after next update.
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconvenience. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open  Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ishanjain28
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi, 2 months later and this issue has not been resolved. I still have speeds on the order of ~30-40mbps when I should be getting speeds exactly 10 times of this. This is what I used to get on my previous phone and I get 600mbps on the ipad. This is the only device on which I am getting ~30-40mbps speed.

Can you ask the team to look into this again? This is a quite annoying problem.

thedarkkn8ght
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes Facing Same isssue
Jeroen_
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have a new S20 FE 5G, bought it in august. I also face this issue in my home network. Only getting 10mbps standing next to the router with a signal of -20dbm. Getting 300+mbps normally.

I have this with both my wifi5 and wifi6 unifi AP's and when roaming between them.

thedarkkn8ght
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It become worst after the Sept update 😑😑
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Man. I just got my unit yesterday here in India. Manufacturing date is Sep 2021! It came preloaded with September update and wireless performance on this phone is horrible. I track the network speed using WifiMan and it fluctuates so frequently that it is hard to tell that if it is software based throttling or an issue with the phone's hardware. I am trying to get a replacement unit because this issue is definitely not widely reported. I only found isolated threads around the web like this one. I guess most people do not care about random slowdowns on their phones or maybe most people are still on slow internet connections. 

My return window closes in 6 days so I cannot even wait for October update to see if Samsung would fix this issue in it assuming it is software based throttling and they are still fine-tuning it somehow even a year after launching this phone. 

PanayotKulchev
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Also worse after september update. When pin a site lose between 10 an 40 % of the packages. I am with note 10 plus. Same issue with my wifes s10 plus. Both after the las 2 updates. My son has A70 and no issues. I think is on phones with wifi6 support. Please fix asap. 

thedarkkn8ght
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hope they fix it with further updates
0 Likes