Original topic:

Why does my internal memory keep on filling?

(Topic created on: 12-20-2019 10:12 AM)
AnkitSahu
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I have been having this issues since years. My internal is 32GB and it only has WhatsApp in it. Rest all apps and their media contents are in SD card. I dont have any big apps on my external either. I havent gone two days straight without getting a "memory full" notification. Even if I delete most of my chats and gigabytes worth of media, it fills up again the next day.

P.S. I have to clear my cache/junk atleast 5 times a day. I have move all my Insta/Snapchat media files manually daily. and filter Whatsapp folder regularly. Its that bad.

How to fix this/know the culprit?
8 Comments
Galaxy S
There are a lot of things that fills ur internal memory specifically App data, Like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram etc. there are heaps of cashed data in internal memory so you are advised to use device care to make some space.
iVirus
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

1. Goto Settings > Apps > Select any app > Check Storage : There is option to clear data /Clear cache.

From here you can check which app using  how much storage.

2. Goto Setting > Device Care > Storage : Use clean Up  and Storage Booster

I hope it will solve your problem somehow  :)

AnkitSahu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Like I mentioned, I move all the app media to external. Manually. Same with Instagram and Snapchat. I export them manually everysingleday. About the cache thing, I use clean master for it. And I have to do that same thing atleast FIVE TIMES A DAY, EVERYDAY. If I dont clear cache, apps stop working.
0 Likes
iVirus
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
then there is only Solution left take backup and do the factory reset :)
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
one more thing you can do to clear space.
1) Go to My files>
2) WhatsApp >
3) Databases>
now clear all the data is the database. some space will be cleared. hope I've answered your query
AnkitSahu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I cannot clear all my chats, bud. I clear them selectively. And yet the next day the vacant memory fills up mysteriously.
0 Likes
SliceSupport
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
open samsung files . enable show hidden files . than in whatsapp folder goto media and delete all the voice , images , videos etc . .. always keep cache clean from apps like Youtube , google app , search etc
AnkitSahu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I cannot wipe my Whatsapp clean. I manually delete all the unwanted media regularly. and caches too are too taken care of daily.
0 Likes