Original topic:

Unoptimised gestures from ONE UI. ONE UI HOME to blame?

(Topic created on: 06-16-2021 02:22 PM)
Smsubin
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have two issues when using gestures: 

1) App drawer lag when i load an app (not open in memory) and then swipe to home and then swipe up for app drawer(the stutter happens here). 

2) "recommended apps" animation lag in recents window when i go to recents window from an app. It has this problem in both portrait and landscape mode but significantly more in landscape mode. When I go to recent from home screen the lag does not happen. Only happens when going from an app to recents. 

I don't have this issue when using navigation buttons, only with gestures. Please help. 

If I go to developer mode and set the animation speed to 0.5x, it solves the 2nd issue but the first issue remains.

Also if I use nova launcher, the 2nd issue solves but not the first one. So, it seems to me a bug with one ui home launcher.(can not use nova launcher because it has other bugs when using with gestures)

I am on one ui 3.1 may security update on s20fe 5g snapdragon. I have cleared cache multiple times as well as done factory resets but it helps for a while then it comes back again. I even flashed multiple firmwares from different regions with no solution.

32 Comments
Maulin3001
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Recently aap to disable kr do aap ka issue solved ho jaye ga

If my comments is helpful then accept it as solution clicking 3 dots near my comments > accept solution
0 Likes
Smsubin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Do u have this too?

Yes. I know I can disable the "recommended apps". But it will only solve the 2nd issue. Moreover, paying close to a premium for a near flagship phone with a flagship processor should not have these kinds of stutter on a regular basis and people shouldn't have to disable something which is on by default to fix the issue.
Maulin3001
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Ya

If my comments is helpful then accept it as solution clicking 3 dots near my comments > accept solution
0 Likes
ChandanMallick
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hello User,
This is because of the lack of software optimisation. You can disable the the Recents apps suggestion from the recent panel.
Thank You
0 Likes
Smsubin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes. I know. But it doesn't solve the first issue I mentioned. 😔
0 Likes
ChandanMallick
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Have you received any software update recently
0 Likes
Smsubin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No. I am on may update. Waiting for june security patch update.
0 Likes
ChandanMallick
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Wait for the update and you'll get it within this month
0 Likes
Smsubin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I already flashed germany's june update via odin. The issue was not fixed. So, I reverted back to may update for my region. So, i doubt that it will be fixed in the next update for my region. 😔 😔
0 Likes