Original topic:

The RIDICULOUSNESS of the Exynos hate

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 03:19 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
New update from Sam Mobile on twitter, as below, shows that S20 series sold in Korea is now the Snapdragon 865 variant which is proven to be much better than the Exynos 990 variant.

The competition is strong and Samsung must definitely be criticized for a poorly built in-house Exynos chip used on the same phone. But, the petition to literally "Shut Down" the Silicon division of Samsung is absolutely ridiculous. Here's why:

1. The Galaxy S7 Exynos variant was superior to the Snapdragon one a few years ago.
2. The Galaxy S6, which launched only with Exynos all over the world, was a lifesaver flagship phone for many as the Snapdragon 810 was a terrible processor with overheating issues.
3. The very reason why Snapdragon has upped their game and made exceedingly good SOCs is because of competitive pressures from Samsung's Exynos, Huawei's Kirin and Apple's A-Series chips. 
4. More the competition, the better it is for the consumers. The fact that the 700 Series of Snapdragon even exists is because of very good Exynos/Kirin midrange processors that did well. Also, don't forget about Mediatek with stellar midrange processors.
5. With one less competitor in the market, it is highly likely that the prices of processors with increase and maybe, even the overall innovation might reduce. This is bad for consumers.

Always remember that the better product is always round the corner and maybe the next year, due to this pressure, Samsung will strive to develop a processor that will outshine the competition and it might even succeed, pushing the competition for building an even better SOC.

So, DO NOT force Samsung and bash them to stop making chips. It will be terrible for the market.

4 Comments
Galaxy S
I agree, I have Samsung A71 because I wanted to try one UI and wanted snapdragon processor. Touchwiz was pathetic and I didnt want to carry my note 3 experience of samsung. We all can try this approach, just dont buy samsung exynos processor powered mobiles.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

lol typical samsung fan exynos must die for good 

Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I just bought a Samsung. M30s is my first. Instead of reading the headline, why don't you go about many other insights, first.

I agree with you, Exynos 990 is a bad chip. But shutting a whole CPU division down is stupid AF.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
0 Likes