Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Software update

(Topic created on: 04-16-2024 06:32 AM)
Steeve33
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Can someone tell me why aren't we getting S24 Ultra updates to correct the screen resolution problem encountered. 
This update was released on the 22nd February 2024 and I'm still waiting. 
I've contacted Samsung SA, they don't care about it. Bold excuses, that all they say as if it's natural for them.
What is bad, we pay the same price as everyone in the world and we are deprived of the same rights in Mauritius. 
I think of returning to IoS of Apple where updates are worldwide.
5 Comments
Lostduke
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Updates are the worst part of the Samsung ecosystem.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Playing devil's advocate, as of recently they've improved, even though it doesn't look like it. In my case when the 6.1 update released, I got it the day after, which is crazy considering I'm used to waiting months on end. Even worse for the tablets but my 2022 S6 Lite got 6.0 a few months after it came out instead of the usual yearly waits when it comes to tablet updates.

Yes the update experience varies from device to device but I've noticed from last year that they are improving
Lostduke
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes it might have gotten better but as someone who joined the ecosystem from apple when the s24u came out, I'm used to same day update for EVERYONE EVERYWHERE ON ALL DEVICES. But Samsung Will give you an update 10-15 days after everyone else depending on where you live in the world.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Remember that Samsung has more devices out there than Apple so they have to release it in waves so that the update servers can handle the requests from users.

Since you're coming from Apple unfortunately you definitely won't get an update on the same day it comes out unless you live in Europe, they start updating them first, then the rest of us. And yes, in my case it took a day, in someone else's 2 weeks, others a month and so forth.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What's the screen resolution problem?
0 Likes