Original topic:

Software Update

(Topic created on: 11-30-2021 08:01 AM)
siddharth_mumbaikar
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
It's a November month end.  Still haven't received the security patch update for November. 
22 Comments
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Exactly, extremely irresponsible from Samsung. The competition in the market to outplay their rivals has lead to degradation of value in technology.
AwaraLucky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If you are really concerned about security updates and want to get regular security patches every month purchase a Nokia phone. Don't expect that from Samsung they do not provide that.
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
This is ridiculous. Why should we not expect even after Samsung promised this itself. And again if we don't demand what they promised us there would be no pressure on them to deliver. Lastly, Samsung has already provided the same update on same devices in other regions so this shouldn't be a tech issue rather a management problem.
AwaraLucky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
First, I didn't see anywhere Samsung has promised "regular" security patches, atleast for my device. If they promised for your device then you can demand that.
Second, Expecting won't get you anything. Posting complaint on forum won't make pressure on samsung. If you really want to give presure on samsung just file a complaint in consumer forum (if you have proof of their promise) or move to other company. This will make more pressure on Samsung.
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Read this link. This is where they *promised* https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

2nd big brands care about customers and their images so if you think posting complaints here won't help you are wrong. There are admins, brand ambassadors , moderators who are monitoring most the posts. They do take note and make changes. Don't underestimate the power of social media over courts specially in 2021! Peace !
AwaraLucky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Seriously, you really consider this as a promise? Have you read their terms, conditions and declaimer? Have they mentioned anywhere that this is a promise?

Please let me inform if Samsung deliver updates because of this post (not because of their schedule)
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Haha I knew this would come so I wrote promised within asterisks to show this actually meant promised in brand language. Samsung was literally sued by Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for just showing ads where the phone was used near the sea and in swimmingpools because it gave an idea to users that the phones were waterproof which it was not hence misleading, and yet you consider this official website notice as not a promise?!
0 Likes
AwaraLucky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That what I told you in the first reply, file a complaint with *Consumer forum* only they have the power to make samsung act on what they have told on their website.
And Yes I don't consider that as a promise. I got security patches every month on my Nokia phone for 3 years, and on Samsung I get it few times a year. I found is that you get security patches every month or not that doesn't make a difference. This is just useless for me that why I don't care for security patches. I just want to see new features on OS update. And I also believe companies are doing their best to deliver this.
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
No one goes to consumer courts without trying to sort it with the brand 1st, at least not 1 missed security update! And I have received security updates every month in Samsung till date. Bro I also like cool features in updates but security updates are necessary to keep your phone safe from a security breach. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it is less important.