Original topic:

Software Power Button

(Topic created on: 01-06-2018 04:49 PM)
YaeGee
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
To avoid using the Power button frequently, I use software power button widgets. For some security reasons, whenever the phone is put to sleep using the software button, I am having to enter the passcode instead of using Biometrics.

Thus I would like to have a Power Button widget made by Samsung.

Also, the 'Tasks Edge' Edge screen panel didn't have Sleep button. A provision there also will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
4 Comments
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You need a delay between screen off and screen lock for biometrics to work using third party apps.

"Double Tap" app has it implemented nicely. Use this app or use softkey edge panel.

Alternatively you may use "Assitant Menu" from accessibility.
0 Likes
YaeGee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey thanks for the tip. I have been using Softkey Edge as the workaround all along. I just tried other solutions. While the accessibiloty menu rewuires deactivating a lot of other stuff, the implementation of Double Tap app is not as good as Softkey Edge. I would still want the Sleep button on Softkey Edge to be available on Tasks Edge
0 Likes
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I would love it too. I don't know of any other workaround. It's all upto Samsung to implement it. Hope we get it soon. 🤞
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to inform you that there is no inbuilt feature available in Samsung devices. However we have noted down your valuable feedback and we will surely share this with our relevant department, any update in this regards will be convey to you via various means of communication. Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes