Original topic:

Samsung updates policy killing customers!

(Topic created on: 04-26-2018 12:16 PM)
rabi777
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I recently switch from Motorola to Samsung and I know the hardware is great. But the updates? Yah, keeps telling they are working so that it is bug free. Bugs free my ass. Oreo was released on 21st August 2017. How long does it take for you guys to work on this peice of software? It isn't even your software. All of you do is twerk it and add some bloatsware and crap to the OS. It is all business I know but can't you guys see the frustration of Samsung customers in here? I am sure hell no one among S7 users will ever buy a Samsung phone ever again.
5 Comments
AAttri
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
bro we should naver purchase Samsung phone in future
0 Likes
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Samsung are crooks. They are pretty much the only OEM that holds back updates on purpose. iOS and Windows all get their updates at the same time, and for Android (Pixel, Nokia, OnePlus, and even the ones that don't run stock Android) at least release their update in a somewhat timely manner. The fact they are releasing the PREVIOUS update when the NEXT update is about to launch (summer) for a device that is barely 2 years old is pathetic. They didn't even release the fall 8.1 update for S7 devices even though it was pushed to all other Android phones. It's plain and simple... they only care about SELLING their latest devices, and don't care about SUPPORTING them once the next one comes out. You will get copy paste reply from admin mentioning about how they appreciate your cooperation and how they feel. but they dont understand the growing negative sentiments about the phones and their update eco system. Brother you completely right about the Samsung Policy and their neglecting behaviour towards its consumers. But what dont realise is they are already on the down slide in the world along with India. I hope this message of this particular topic in the community goes to Senior Management of Samsung Mobile Division.
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you for reaching out to the Samsung community! We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in the release of Oreo OS for your device. Samsung constantly works towards bringing-out the best updates and incorporating the latest technology along with great features. We at Samsung, ensure that Android OS update which is launched, is compatible with current running apps in the marketplace before they are available to our end users. The availability of the update would be notified to you via FOTA notification (settings> software update>Enable automatic download updates).

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
morons
0 Likes
Techie87
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thts true.
0 Likes