Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s23 overheating and battery drain after Feb 2024 update

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 01:49 AM)
jwalker
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
After Feb update , My s23 is draining so fast and heating up even if Instagram, YouTube or whatsapp is used.
Device is not supposed to heat up with Instagram or WhatsApp.

Listening to YouTube music ends up in heating upto 39° C. And even if we keep the phone in AC same effect, that is worst as can't blame outside temperature.
Also i am using wifi. Bluetooth and location are turned off. Phone is optimised used device care and all other apps are closed

Is there any solution or update planning to rollout ?

Please don't reply with typical answers Iike reset device, turn off wifi, blutooth. It's a serious software issue and Samsung needs to address this as soon as possible.
Giving this kind of crappy update is so irritating for the users.

23 Comments
MGowtham
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am facing same issue.. I thought it's only for me.
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Kindly complaint to Samsung customer support through Samsung Members App as error report also send log files Along with this error report for this issue and wait for next update may be fix it by Samsung team soon. If you like please accept as a solution it's help to others users also, click on 3dots in my reply section and click on accept solution. Thanks.
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Your's most welcome to here.
0 Likes
HARIRAJ2006
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same bro but not at a high range
jwalker
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's 39 ° C after 5 mins of usage. Sometimes its 36 to 37, both are not expected with light usage. Also i amusing in a cool environment.
Hemanth4446
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What is the sot and stand by time are you getting? And what is the temperature it's reaching?
0 Likes
jwalker
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Most of time it is 39 °C .
Sometimes 42.
Sot is 5hr with normal usage
0 Likes
Hemanth4446
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm also using S23 I'm getting 7hrs of sot and 1day of stand by time.. And my device ideal temperature is between 32 to 36 degrees while using what's app, Instagram and YouTube
jwalker
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Can you attach your current software version info ? Are you on the same version as mine check attached image

For update info follow this:
Settings, software update , click download and install. 1709532410379.jpg
0 Likes