Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Screen Flickering

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 08:41 PM)
Coach123
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

After recent September 2021 Security update, I have noticed screen flickering issue on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone. It causes apps like youtube, hotstar to automatically switch to minimize mode after every 5-7 minutes. Only option to stop this from happening is to disable picture in picture mode for all these apps. However screen continues to flicker. Is anyone facing same issue after update ?
38 Comments
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Please visit service center there is an issue with your motherboard. Our the software is not installed correctly.
0 Likes
Ronak2012
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Please visit authorized store and be quick
0 Likes
h123456789
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Factory reset phone
First take backup
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
This issue is known to occur in samsung devices since a long time. They haven't done anything yet to prevent this from happening.

You will have to replace the display according to samsung.
Never choose samsung again.
Kioko
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

So true. My s20+ now is no longer useable it flickers alot. Screen no longer readable. Sometimes it works sometimes not. I wish i didnt have updated. Will never buy samsung again its waste of money

0 Likes
Coach123
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you everyone for your inputs. This issue seems to be fixed while taking a backup using a Smart Switch app from Samsung. I am suspecting flickering was caused by corrupt file due to a security upgrade which could have been fixed while taking a back up. Will keep an eye for couple of days.
Jollygrn74
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

My wife and I both had this issue as of this month, and obviously alot more have in the past. Doubt a corruption, more of a Samsung issue. The amount of times I've suffered glitches due to their updates, it's a wonder I still use them. S4s modems failed entirely due to update and they blamed it on hardware. Glad you managed to get yours fixed, hoping mine works as well  

jamundog
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My Wife and I also updated our S20+ and we are facing the same issue, and I don't see that Samsung is doing anything to solve the issue, not even acknowledging that they introduced the issue with one of their updates.

I see that in this community they are only saying report it via Samsumg Member and I have done it without any answer from Samsung, so I am wondering what kind of user support do they have

Mine1829
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I updated Samsung Pass today through the Samsung store app and it seemed to resolve my issue. Hope it helps yours. 

0 Likes