Original topic:

S9 Sudden Change in Brightness Levels [Solved]

(Topic created on: 03-20-2019 08:37 AM)
JohnyLivinston
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Unusually my S9's brightness has now spiked up although I am on Auto Brightness. This is very unusual that in my usual office setup the brightness remained very comfortable. But now it's higher than usual. Anyone else felt the same?
Device runs on February Security update. 

Solution:
When Adaptive Brightness is turned on, it learns our usage pattern and once learned, it sets a value. And that's what has happened in my case. If its learnings are not favorable, we have the option to reset the usage patterns from settings under Adaptive Brightness. After I reset it, it's back to normal. It's the lack of awareness of such wonderful settings such issues have come. Rather the phone is perfect. I thought I explored my device in full. But surprised I found something new. This is with regards to Pie update I guess. Thanks. 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy S
no issues with me but sometimes due to light conditions it can spike
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I kept an S8 in parallel and tested the same. S9 spikes high than it was before.
0 Likes
shefeek143
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
may be something error with the sensor
0 Likes
Galaxy S
should be
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
normal don't worry
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I kept an S8 and tested the same. S9 spikes high than it was before.l
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
dont worry
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
it happens sometimes even yesterday my screen went to green but it was for the sometime it has software problem
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Actually I found the solution just now. When Adaptive Brightness is turned on, it learns our usage pattern and once learned, it sets a value. And that's what has happened in my case. If it's learnings are not favorable, we have the option to reset the usage patterns from setting under Adaptive Brightness. After I reset it, and it's back to normal. It's the lack of awareness of such wonderful settings such issues have come. Rather the phone is perfect. I thought I explored my device in full. But surprised I found something new. This is with regards to Pie update I guess.
0 Likes