Original topic:

S24ultra - faced and solved a weird issue with Samsung Pass and Samsung Wallet

(Topic created on: 02-27-2024 10:40 PM)
SMArt_GaLaXy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Couple days ago, I started getting a weird issue with Sansung Wallet UPI payments where after I input the UPI pin, it goes back to the payment screen again in a loop (money was not deducted though). 

Tried deleting the cache (Samsung Wallet, Samsung Pass and finally the phone cache by booting into the bootloader), uninstalled and reinstalled Wallet app. That created a new problem, I couldn't log into Samsung Pass - that started going into a loop at verification stage without giving me a chance to enter my account password! A screen recording showed me (by pausing it) that the brief moment when the password screen was shown, it was asking me for the phone password of a device I stopped using a long while ago!

Connected with the help desk, and a fat lot of help that was. They washed their hands and asked me to visit a service centre (going anywhere is a chore in Bangalore, so didn't 😅), after mucking around for 2 days, I was all set to try and factory reset the phone today morning, when I got a flash message that some process was getting terminated due to a developer setting. I recalled I had toggled on "terminate all background process immediately". 

Long story short, I toggled that off, restarted the phone. Was able to log in to Samsung Pass without any issues in the first try, and got back all Wallet functions thereafter. 

Immediately switched off developer options, didn't want to tempt fate with any more self inflicted head scratching going forward 😅😅

To anyone like me trying to muck around developer options without knowing exactly what things do, beware of unintended consequences 😂😂

0 Comments