Original topic:

S24 ultra doesn't support " UHD" contents in netflix or prime video! πŸ˜•πŸ“ΊπŸŒ

(Topic created on: 03-17-2024 04:57 PM)
suji-
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have noticed a specific issue with s24 ultra, specifically its inability to support UHD content on Netflix and Prime. In Prime Video, the content is listed as UHD, but when it's streamed, it appears as HD 1080p. On Netflix, there is no content at all even though my plan is premium. I reached out to Netflix and also Samsung Helpdesk. Netflix asserts that this is an issue from Samsung, while Samsung claims to be able to support UHD. Therefore, I wanted to confirm for other users is it supported?
3 Comments
Cryptography
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
As far as I know Netflix does not supports UHD on Android phones, similarly prime or any other streaming service that uses encryption technology for streaming. Unlike YouTube or videos captured by your phone, these apps transfer data in a encrypted format that is decoded on your phone, which is not possible to do unless your device has the compatible hardware for it. Like a 4k display, (S24U only supports 3,120x1,440 resolution)
0 Likes
suji-
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
But when I connected with Netflix they said it's supported for Android. And also for prime their is hardware acceleration option they are given for uhd. I don't know much about it
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you to share the log file. This will help us to further investigate and resolve this issue.

To attach the log file: Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes