Original topic:

S23 ultra which version should use if I buy from Dubai to use in India

(Topic created on: 08-30-2023 04:42 PM)
CSR1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi I'm about to buy S23 ultra from Dubai and gonna use it in India and I came across 3 versions UAE, Middle-East and International version and I came to know that UAE and Middle-East are same. So which version shall I choose either Middle-East or International? 
Does both versions support 5G and call recording options?
Does International version has warranty in India?
14 Comments
Chaudhary
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
UAE version ... international one is Chinese.
0 Likes
CSR1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Does UAE version supports 5G?
Do we have any issues with phone if we use in India?
Do we need to use UAE sim initially just for 10min or not required?
0 Likes
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1. yes it supports
2. yes we have issues because of 5g band availability variation. you have to flash ins firmware. also their may be some problems with CA too(LTE+)
3 yes u have to activate it by using uae sim.
0 Likes
CSR1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@CODM6567 So which version shall I choose in your opinion either Middle-East(UAE) or International
0 Likes
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Go for UAE but I will advise u to rethink and consider indian one because of green line issues with S series.
They don't give international warranty so if u face any problem u will be charged by service centre.
Galaxy S
Right
But the price difference is justified
The display panel costs approx 16k
And the price difference between Indian and UAE variant is almost 40-45k
0 Likes
Galaxy S
2. No, there's no issue of network on UAE variant. It locks on 5G network almost instantaneous when wifi is disabled.
3. No you don't have to activate it using an UAE sim, I didn't amd it's working fine after changing the firmware to INS via ODIN
0 Likes
Chaudhary
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes it supports 5G..and you can even change csc to Indian csc. I am not sure about activation with UAE sim but it's safe you can do it.
CSR1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Also do we get updates slower in UAE phones compared to our Indian version phones?
0 Likes