Original topic:

S23 One Year ownership Review!! S23 or S24

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 01:29 PM)
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I've been using the base S23 for almost 10 months now and here is the complete review of experience, the pros and cons and whether you should buy the S23 or the S24

So to start the little phone is a beast and can handle almost everything you through at it. The Snapdragon 8 gen 2 works like a charm and I haven't faced any major issue till now and very satisfied with my purchase. 

CAMERA
  • The cameras are great with good photo quality and sharp photos with a very quick auto focus
  • I do semi-professional photography and they work great especially the telephoto lens.
  • The 50MP sensor is not very useful it oversaturates and has worse dynamic range than the default 12MP which you'll end up using 
  • Only use for the 50 MP mode is if you shoot in RAW which most people would not
  • The pro video mode is a game changer if you are into filmmaking 
Overall a great camera experience with a convenient interface 

BATTERY 

I have seen many reviews of people debating over battery life, some love it some hate it but here's what I've observed in practical life
  • If you use 5G all day you'll get 3-4 hrs sreen time and will have to charge again before the end of day
  • If you use 4G most of the time you'll get 4-5 hrs and can almost get through the day depending on your usage
  • If you mostly use WiFi and cellular only when you're out then you can get 5-6 hrs screen time and will have no problem getting a full day usage
For charging I bought a 30W syska adaptor for half the price of a Samsung one and Overall it's a good charging experience. You can get from 5 to 50% in half an hour which while not the fastest but more than good enough. Full charge takes 80 mins average.

PERFORMANCE 
  • It can easily handle heavy gaming at peak graphics. I've played call of duty and Minecraft on it and it can run them smoothly 
  • At lower battery level after prolonged gaming it will definitely heat up which is understandable due to its smaller form factor. 
  • It only drops frame and performance in games after lower batter levels after heating up.
  • Don't play heavy games while charging 
  • If you do a lot of heavy photo and video editing this phone can easily handle that with smooth 4k playback and fast export times.
So if you're a professional gamer or streamer ultra would be a better option but other than that for most people great performance without any worries. I recommend not to play heavy games on cellular data it heats up much faster.

DISPLAY
  • Very clean and clear display the camera cutout not distracting at all
  • Very easily visible and bright sunlight and it does actually justifies its peak brightness unlike some other smartphones which claim high nits but cannot sustain more than 1200
S23 or S24 in 2024??

• If you're anywhere is the world where the S24 comes with Exynos I believe it is a no brainer go with S23. The qualcom chip is much more reliable. 
  • All the AI feature of s24 are now available on the s23 after the 6.1 update. 
  • There is barely any hardware differences except for a slightly bigger screen and battery size which will feel negligible in practical usage
  • The 7 year support on s24 is great but you still have 3 more years of software support and 4 years of security support of s23 which is more than fine even if you plan to use the phone for 4 years
  • You can probably get the 256 gb s23 cheaper than 128 gb s24 depending on where you are
  • However if you have s24 with the Snapdragon chip then it's definitely worth considering s24 with the added benefit of the 7 year support 
Hope this review helped you if you were planning on buying one✌️

19 Comments
Jai999
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Can we play 4k aur 8k video on YouTube or hotstar?
0 Likes
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I've never come across an 8k video anywhere so can't say about that (it has the power to run that smoothly that I can tell)
But yeah you can stream 4k videos everywhere
I mean you can record in 8k but there's literally no situation where that would be useful
0 Likes
Jai999
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Understand but I m telling about 4k video streaming from YouTube or prime video or any other OTT can we play on small s23?
0 Likes
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yess you can
0 Likes
Jai999
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Can u share screenshot coz in my phone not able to stream in 4k resolution no option comming
0 Likes
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
.1713014342248.jpg
Jai999
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes correct I thought it needs to be 4k resolution mentioned
0 Likes
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Naah 2160 is 4k only
amardhama
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am using S24 Exynos for 3 months till now no overheating, no lags works very smooth , flat screen is awesome looks are better than s23 for sure.
0 Likes
Ratti07
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm sure s24 is a super great phone and I agree the iPhone like flat build does feel more premium. I just think s23 is a more value of money phone for most people right now.