Original topic:

S22 - Improve Battery Life with these settings

(Topic created on: 07-17-2022 02:34 PM)
Namanarshi
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
S22 Series - How to Improve Battery Life - Thread
This thread will help you improve Battery on samsung flagship devices especially S22 series by tweeking some settings.
These suggestion are from my personal experience and some suggestions from twitter family. Although these are not major changes but do them on your own risk.

1) Optimized Performance - Go to your battery settings - More Battery Settings - Select Processing speed to be optimized. I Have been doing heavy tasks without any issues with this setting. So you can certainly try this one. SS Below.

2) Video Brightness - Go to advance Features in your settings - Click on video brightness - select normal.

I didn't my phone was doing this whenever i watched a video. I feel that this is unnecessary. Of course you may have a different opinion and can keep it at bright.~

3) Suspend execution Cached apps - This was suggested by 

Go to developer settings - search for this option and enable it. No it did not affect my multi tasking.

4) Clear Cache Partition - If you battery life is absolutely worse - Search how to clear cache partition of your phone. This is kind of temporary solution, it will increase your battery life for short term. Thanks to for suggesting this.

5) Bixby Routine - This is quite underrated. You can enable bixby routine wherein the settings of your phone will change by bixby according to your routine. For example - I use the following Bixby routine - After 9 PM - the actions mention in below SS gets triggered. You can customize it as per your choice. 

6) if you dont want to use bixby routine - Just turn on Extra Dim in visibility enhancent settings after the sun sets or when you plan to stay indoors and also the power saving before you go to sleep which will improve the overnight drain./

7) Animation Scale - In developer settings - change the animations scale to 0.5x from 1x. This will make your phone snappier without messing too much with animations.
😎 Background Usage Limits - Go to battery settings - Background usage limits and select put unused apps to sleep.

9) Most Important - If nothing from above works for you. You need to report this to samsung. HOW? Go samsung members app - Login - Go to support section - Select error reports type in the problems and send to the support and R&D team - Please include your phone number here. If you dont report the issues to samsung they wont improve it
17 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
There are so many cases where the battery life improved for many by:

- Turning off "put unused apps to sleep"
- Remove all apps from sleeping apps
- Remove all apps from deep sleeping apps
- Remove all apps from Never sleeping apps
- Disabling adaptive battery.

It seems some people are getting one outcome while others are getting different outcome even on same settings.
Namanarshi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This is strange. Disabling the unused apps will keep them running in background consuming more battery. Will try it though. Thanks for sharing.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I know it sounds weird.
But here is one of the source.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS20FE/comments/p2j30u/update_on_battery_drain_issue_i_completely_fixe...

Who knows, may be the oneui algorithm of making apps sleep/deep sleep could be heavier and drains more battery than letting them run in the background.

It might take 2-3 days for you to notice the change.
Namanarshi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am charging my phone right now. Once it reaches 100%. I ll test this. Alot of people reported this to be effective. Thats crazy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Let us know please.
Namanarshi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Please see my comment below. Will provide another update tomorrow.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Once done, share your SOT from 100% to 20% and if possible, then from 85% to 20% too
Namanarshi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey i have an update - after changing the settings -
1) First full charge lasted for 5.5 hours.
2) second full charge lasted for 6.5 hours.
I will observe it for another day. Currently the screen on time has reduced. Before disabling the deep sleeping apps option - i was getting around 7hours SOT - (100% to 15%). I will let you know the final result tomorrow. Thanks.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
This looks weird, because people are getting 2 outcomes.

I guess it depends from every single thing, like apps installed and the ones being used more, network coverage etc...

Thanks for the feedback.