Reasons your phone warms up
• During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data
• Intensive Camera use
• Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods
• While multitasking (or, when running many apps in the background)
• Exposed to Extreme Heat
• Blocked Ventilation
• Poor Signal Strength
• Charging the battery with a damaged USB cable
• Device’s multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead.
Ways to Cool Your Phone and Keep It Efficient
• Keep the device updated with the latest software.
• Remove the phone’s case
• Move it from direct sunlight
• Reduce the display brightness
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features when not using them.
• Close apps that increase battery consumption or that run in the background when not in use.
• Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
Once you’ve done this, try the following to avoid further overheats:
• Use Battery Saver mode
• Clean up your phone to remove junk files
• Reduce Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS use unless needed
NOTE: If abnormal heating continues, then kindly submit an error report as follow.
1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports.
2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data.
3. Select Symptom category.
4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.
If the issue persists, we would recommend you to bring the handset to the nearest service center in your city. Kindly use the following link to find all service locations: