Original topic:

S21 FE lag in all types of video calls

(Topic created on: 11-07-2022 07:15 PM)
Deepak374
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I have been noticing there is a lag in the front cam of S21FE during Whatsapp calls. I have seen some suggessions from samsung to clear the corresponding apps cache..and i did it..still i dont see any improvements. Is it a product bug ? Can anyone help me fix this issue?

11 Comments
joseph143
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I can't facing any problem
0 Likes
Phoenix10
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have never encountered this issue. How's your network speed? It could be due to poor network connection.
0 Likes
Deepak374
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Network speed is all good as it works fine in other devices..
0 Likes
Phoenix10
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I meant the network speed in your phone. The modem used in S21 FE is subpar in my experience. So in general I get poor network speeds compared to my other devices.
0 Likes
AdityaSheth
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think when I enabled the background image or colour during video calls this happens, coz I am guessing it is taxing on GPU or smth(and that's why it lags)

If it lags in normal video calls, then it could be your network's problem
0 Likes
manukumar57
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same problem s21 fe 5g
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

If the issue still persists, kindly register your concern in the Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Same issue here with my S20 FE, but for my case is after OneUI 5.0 update.

Have tried clearing camera app cache, clearing cache partition in boot menu. It doesn't work.

Whatsapp video call and Instagram video call both lag as well.

0 Likes
Members_VILX4Iq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes I'm also facing this issue, lag in video calls, youtube video playback.

0 Likes