Original topic:

S20FE5g autorestart

(Topic created on: 12-21-2022 11:04 PM)
Mnkg279
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Today again my phone S20FE5g auto restart, don't know why this happened again second time, happened again almost after one month. Is there a way to check the cause of this autorestart. Now happened twice within a month or 32 days, purchased phone in Jan2022, never happended before, is this due to Good lock app, as earlier this autorestart happend within 24hrs of good lock (and its extra apps) installing.
7 Comments
Mnkg279
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I checked my previous complaint date on samsung members app when this auto restart happend firstly, and guess what its 21Nov2022 and today is 21Dec2022, exactly one month ago and same issue happed after exactly one month.
0 Likes
AAC10
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Turn off auto optimization in settings, if it is on.
Mnkg279
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes sir, auto optimize is on, sure the auto restart is due to the auto optimize setting turned on.
Mnkg279
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Because this auto optimize is on from 26Jan22, from purchase date, but auto restart issue happened firstly on 21Nov22 and now exactly one month later 21Dec22. Maybe, i think due to goodlock app this issue happend (samsung care says if this issue happened after installing third party app then uninstall that app)
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Is it happening while you are using your phone?
Mnkg279
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This issue happened the same time i turned off my wifi and trned off the screen just before going to sleep. Last time i know, only when woke up in morning to see phone reboot so have to enter lock code instead of fingerprint and yesterday my phone vibrated withing seconds of turn off screen and i saw the powered by android with phone model name and then samsung logo and then reboot.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

There are two methods to disable the auto-restart function
Method 1: From the home screen swipe up or down to access the App Screen > Setting > General Management > Reset > Auto Restart > To Turn OFF auto-restart slide the slider toward the left.
Method 2: Go to 'Settings'>>Tap on 'Battery and device care'>> Tap on Three dots>>Tap on 'Automation'>>Disable 'Auto-restart at set times' if enabled

If you are facing this issue after installing any new application then uninstall that application.
Navigate to the Apps screen and tap on Settings>>Tap on Apps>>Tap on the desired app>>Tap on Uninstall>>Tap on OK

Reset settings: From the home screen, click on Settings>>General Management>> click on reset and then reset setting.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes