Original topic:

S20 battery drain even after factory reset

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 03:08 PM)
abduls91
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I was facing high battery drain issue since I bought this phone (Exynos version)

I did lot of things and tweaks but none solve this problem. So I did factory reset today and still it is taking 1% every 4 minutes. 

Dark mode enabled, 60hz, no auto sync, gps, no aod, nearby scanning off. 2g mode, wifi on

I don't know what should I do now. Kindly help me please. I don't want to bring it to service center because they will say phone is in normal condition only. 
0 Likes
Shivrohan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
if need to compromise with all these tweaks in settings, why we need to shell out lot of money and buy Samsung S20 plus phone, it is waste of money
0 Likes
abduls91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
you're right but I like this phone very much except battery.
I like Samsung os because it has lot of useful features and this phone is very compact plus light weight.
I was using OnePlus 6t, it has very good battery backup but overweight and less features because of stock android.
I won't go back to other phones because I like Samsung one ui. I'm samsung fan now but this **bleep** batter life is very disappointing me. I hope it will be fixed by software
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Just sell the phone bro. U may be barely able to save 10% after all optimizations. i have an S10 plus and did not upgrade only for this reason. Their Exynos 990 is **bleep**. S10 plus now is a better deal with 3 yr of updates. wait for s21 and see if they bring in Snapdragon. Even in Korea they have Snapdragon & not Exynos
0 Likes
abduls91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
you're right but I heard many people getting 6 - 7 hours of SOT with Exynos processor. so I still hope I can solve this battery problem. I'm going to send error log to support team again. Iast time when I send the error log they told me to do a factory reset. so now situation is still same but I can feel finger sensor is working extremely fast after factory reset.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It's not about SOT. I can easily get over 7 hrs if i watch movies. It is the standby time/ idle drain that Exynos is poor with. I would be surprised if anyone having less than 2%/hr drain on idle on any Exynos models. Again i am not talking overnight drain which is ok but daily usage drain..for example if i dont use the phone for an hour during the day if i am in a meeting or doing something, i see the battery gone down by 2-3% easily and that's why less SOT.
abduls91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes. exactly same here. does removing bloatwares help increase battery life?
I heared it can be done with package disabler
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Actually it's detrimental if you don't know what you are disabling. I'd suggest you go ahead and try it. As for me, I used to disable stuff using adb but gained only about 10-15% in battery life or max 30-45mn extra SOT. I have stopped disabling stuff since then as A10 is good in optimization of battery. I have other Snapdragon 855+ phone to compare with and it barely drains with similar usage. It's up to you, try it for a while with adb commands (check XDA) and see it for a couple of weeks if it improves ur battery life
0 Likes
abduls91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yeah sure thanks. I'll decide it if needed.
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
0 Likes
abduls91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've done those all settings already. I'll attach the screenshot of battery usage data tomorrow. After trying those all things, I've done factory reset because they did not improved battery life. I've done those settings again now and still finding what is the cause of drain
0 Likes