Original topic:

S20 Heating Issue

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 12:09 AM)
SahilS22Plus
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone, I just came back to this forum to check if everybody owning S20 LTE version facing excessive heating issues? Even after streaming 15 minutes of Youtube. My battery temperature goes up to 45°C. 

If I use my phone for more than 20 minutes for any activity be it gaming, videos or music. It certainly heats up and I have to give it a rest for 10 15 min to cool down. 

Please suggest if I should take it to the Service centre for this problem.
9 Comments
Galaxy S
mera too s20 plus nai ho raha,pehle bohot jada garam hota tha but 2.5 update k baad nai hota hai ab
Galaxy S
vai note 20 ultra too bohot garam hota hai leke 1 week baad he bech diya 10000 lose mei,s20 pul he thik hai mera
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you can do 2 things and lets see

A. Wipe Cache Partition.
Steps to perform.
1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

B. Reset App Preferences.
Settings >Apps> Tap on Top Right 3Dots and select Reset App preferences.
SahilS22Plus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'll try this. thanks for suggesting
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
and if worked then you can accept as solution by CLICKING on 3DOT at my comment
and if not then you may give feedback here 👍
SahilS22Plus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Quick question: will Wipe Cache partition option looses any potential app data??? I have reset app preferences and will monitor if the issue persists.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps or your data or your configuration. It will simply delete the temporary junk files
so don't worry about it
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SahilS22Plus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Not helpful at all !!! after purchasing 70000 phone, Samsung says, I dont use too many apps, dont use high end games, dont record 8k, dont play videos. This is a terrible solution I have heard out of all the comments.
0 Likes