Original topic:

S20 FE 5G GCAM MOD 3X PORTRAIT

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 05:24 PM)
Deeptesh97
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all, the S20 FE 5G despite having a 3x zoom lens isn't allowed to shoot portraits with it, which is a shame. But fear not, with Gcam mod you can take some amazing looking portraits by force using the 3x zoom lens! 
Image quality is better than S21FE in low light! 
Also Image Quality in low light as well is far better than stock camera when using 3x zoom, that's because with Gcam mod you can force the 3x zoom always whereas in stock cam, the phone switches to the main sensor and crops in which results in horrible images! 

Check out my Y-O-U-T-U-B-E channel - TechStation365 
You'll get the Gcam video along with link to the apk and xml config!

Note: Stock Cam app is almost always *slightly better for main camera and ultra wide. Gcam is also great and faster, but stock is very slightly better (More detailed in extreme low light). No big deal.

3x zoom portrait Gcam mod

3x zoom portrait gcam mod

3x zoom portrait gcam mod (with night sight, it was quite low light)

Huge difference in details! (Stock cam app decided to use main sensor and crop vs Force using 3x in Gcam mod)

13 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So, install gcam and use it only for 3x? As stock cam is better (slightly or not) in other conditions?
0 Likes
Deeptesh97
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It's a different look. Gcam is slightly less sharpened than stock cam, while in lower light, some may like the slightly greater sharpening from the stock night mode.
I use gcam primarily for 3x zoom. It's saved in that way, remembers the last used lens. So if I gotta shoot 3x, I just click on gcam and it's already ready to go on the 3x!
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Nyc.😇
Does astrophotography work?
0 Likes
Deeptesh97
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Everything works. It can even enable auto night sight/ auto astro(if it's super stable and recognizes the scene).
But for Astro, I much prefer a real 20-30s shutter using stock pro mode.
Astro in gcam is like a ready made stacked image that takes very long and has no choice of control.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Of course automatic or readymade settings is the advantage of astro mode. Otherwise, for people who uses pro mode, it's always better.👍
0 Likes
pandeyji00001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
My s21fe great rear camera but selfie camera not satisfying . Please reply how take good selfie .
Is gcam help take good 🤳.
Deeptesh97
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Bro I think you are talking about S20FE, because my friend has S21FE, it has a better and actually good selfie camera.
S20 FE selfie camera is great for videos but poor for photos.
You may use gcam mod but results may be great or poor. I cannot give a confirmed answer as I'm not a selfie taker much.
0 Likes
pandeyji00001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No bro I recently purchase s21fe like 4 day ago but not as good as I think20221011_142931_1000000516_1665478773.jpg
Deeptesh97
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok bro, may be you have different expectations or we may have different tastes, as to me the image looks very pleasing, with a good colors and no oversharpening.
Even the background looks slightly out of focus naturally which I like.
So it's most likely that we have different tastes.