Original topic:

OneUI 4 Beta/Final when in India on S21+5G

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 10:57 AM)
AmitAry
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I bought the S21 phone presuming Samsung care for software and updates in India too.

However the updates are slower than the OnePlus/Mi brand (Chinese brands). Seems Samsung is loosing the edge on software/ updates aspects.

So, asking Samsung, When OneUI 4 Beta/Final will be available in India on S21+5G phone?
3 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hmm as far as I know, Samsung is the only android oem(apart from Google) that provides monthly security updates on time. Oneplus does this bi-monthly and in the past the update schedule was even worse. As for Mi, let's not talk about updates. They barely do any QA , examples being the mi a3 which literally got bricked after the Android 11 update and the poco x3 whose camera stopped working after an update. And there are numerous people complaining about buggy miui.

As for one ui 4, s21 series will get it by December. They have to skin the vanilla android and then do thorough testing so as to make sure they are no major bugs.

You can visit https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/03/03/android-phone-security-update-tracker/ to know more about updates from various oems.
AmitAry
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing your view.

Also, I request Samsung/anyone authoritative who can answer the question. When OneUI 4 Beta/Final will be available in India on S21+5G phone?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
One UI 4 beta for s21series had already started in October.
But beta program became full by oct end. So, Samsung is not allowing anyone to enroll.
You will directly get stable version by end of the year.