Original topic:

OneUI 4.0 Feedback after 7+ days

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 01:47 PM)
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hello friends, 

It's been more than a week since I got the update for S20 FE 5G Indian variant. Following are my observations:

Pros:
1. Better UI and animations
2. Better security and permissions management 
3. Touch has been improved

Cons:
1. Camera has been downgraded severely
2. App scrolling is really bad
3. Battery life has reduced drastically
4. No Google Discover
5. Notification issues on certain apps

Basically more cons than pros. It is really shameful on Samsung's part to do such deliberate downgrades! Lesson learnt and I will never recommend Samsung to anyone!

Samsung just pretends that it listens to their customers. I am certain after this update that it is the opposite.
7 Comments
IVJ
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Actually, there are more pros.
Also, you still have Google discover. That's a Google feature and it will remain unless you remove the Google app.
0 Likes
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I mean I would want Google discover in place of Samsung free. Those options are only there in the flagships
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
No not in flagships. This option was added only in 2021 phones. I still don't have it in my Note 20 ultra but the F62 I believe has it.
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I see
0 Likes
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You could mention the pros that you said. Also, what's the point of giving certain new features but taking back important ones.
0 Likes
BVikram
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It's Samsung strategy, Samsung want no one to buy old models. So forcing them to go for expensive new models, but same treatment for them also in next coming years.
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
True! Then they make forums like this so people can rant here and still nothing will happen 😅
0 Likes