Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One ui 6.1 update

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 08:26 AM)
Pj2106
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After updating to one ui6.1 I feel like I want to go back. The navigation gestures no longer work. I used to have three button navigation line right at the bottom of my screen now it's just one bar and everytime I gesture it just goes back to the home screen.
9 Comments
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I know just how you feel, I also liked my navigation like that. As a work around you can download goodlock and use the navstar module to get it back. If you can't find goodlock then download finelock on the playstore
Jacques88
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsungs solution is to use Good Lock, if you're region blocked use a free VPN.
Tendai777
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
The single bar works better than the three navigation buttons once you become accustomed to it. It may take a few hours or days to master, but it functions perfectly well. Samsung is weaning its users from those three navigation buttons.
0 Likes
NisharR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is not better, it is slower, especially the recent app functionality, it opens the Assistant most times, and when it does register to open your recent apps, there is a strange delay compared to previous version
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I don't want to be weened off, I feel like the single bar was to accommodate iPhone switchers. Besides like what @NisharR is saying the confusion of trying to do one gesture when it thinks you're doing another is a turn off, also if you're using samsung pay, it firsts activate it before being able to go to the recents menu 🚮
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
After updating to Android 14 One UI 6.0, I want to go back to Android 13 One UI 5.1 because I am missing the filter option feature on the screen where you set wallpaper.
NisharR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
If goodlock is region blocked, install FineLock via playstore, same as GoodLock, then install Navstar to enable all options, Problem solved

Strange move by samsung, most of us have developed muscle memory and don't want to be forced to learn these new wonky gestures
0 Likes
Tendai777
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
But the option to change to navigation buttons is available on S23ultra. Settings>Display >Navigation Bar1712486794894.jpg1712486794974.jpg
0 Likes
NisharR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The original swipe gestures are what is missing, added back with 3rd party app FineLock 1712488040836_1712488040831_0.jpg
0 Likes