One UI 2.5 for S9 Series

(Topic created on: 08-25-2020 11:26 PM)
SouravRoni
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Samsung says Galaxy Note 9 and S9 are eligible for One UI 2.5 update

Brace yourself: The Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 series made the list

Along with the aforementioned phones that you would expect to be eligible for One UI 2.5, Samsung’s official announcement surprisingly lists the Galaxy Note 9, the Galaxy S9, and the Galaxy S9+ as being queued up for receiving this latest version of One UI.

This is truly exciting news and you might be thinking that Samsung’s new three-year update policy has retroactively extended to the 2018 flagship phones. However, we wouldn’t be surprised if these devices have been added to the One UI 2.5 list by accident considering how uncertain Samsung was about bringing One UI 2.1to the Galaxy S9 duo and the Galaxy Note 9, and how many months people had to wait for this development to conclude.

You could say that there is hope for the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 series to receive some One UI 2.5 features later down the line, but it’s too early to be certain of anything and a bit of skepticism might be healthy until Samsung sheds more light on the matter. We’ll keep you up to speed as soon as we find out more about Samsung’s update plans.

Here is the full list of devices that will get the One UI 2.5:

-- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

-- Galaxy S20 Ultra

-- Galaxy S20+ 5G

-- Galaxy S20+

-- Galaxy S20 5G

-- Galaxy S20

-- Galaxy S10 5G

-- Galaxy S10+

-- Galaxy S10

-- Galaxy S10e

-- Galaxy S10 Lite

-- Galaxy S9

-- Galaxy S9+

-- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G

-- Galaxy Note 10+

-- Galaxy Note 10 5G

-- Galaxy Note 10

-- Galaxy Note 10 Lite

-- Galaxy Note 9

-- Galaxy Z Flip 5G

-- Galaxy Z Flip

-- Galaxy Fold 5G

-- Galaxy Fold

Source:SAMMOBILE
18 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
this time don't download via smart switch bro. this aug security patch i installed via smart switch then various types of issues were there
.today only I visited service center and flashed it from them ,now it's perfect ...new pc version smart switch creating problem....try to flash it via service center only which is actually process....big firmware allaways flash before that take backup then you will not lose any data .....bro for any big os update or 2.5 like new interface allaways try to flash instead of installing ..or if you use odiin then after taking backup flash it
GunnerBomb
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
bro installing apps one by one is a hectic job.
and also due to this novel coronavirus iam restricting myself from going outside.
0 Likes
SouravRoni
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I bought S9 plus about 24K in 2020.. I think in this range its still a good device..
Waiting for one ui 2.5..
klaus2020
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
will s9 note9 get android 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
no ...no more os update in that device
0 Likes
SouravRoni
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
no
0 Likes
Bhds
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Does anybody know a timeline when S9 series will get one ui 2.5 update? 

0 Likes
SouravRoni
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Timeline is not revealed by samsung.. But I think end of this year..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
kab tak aayega update
0 Likes