Original topic:

Multi touch problem

(Topic created on: 07-27-2020 07:17 PM)
warrior13
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have an s8 plus for 2 years. Recently my multi touch isnt working and it detects only 2 fingers at a time only and that too not perfectly. I realized that while gaming which requires more than 2 fingers to use. I used a third party app and checked how many fingers were registering at a time and only 2 were. 
Please help because I wont be able to afford another mobile and theres no solution anywhere. Thanks
Galaxy S
Not all apps on play store are worth to be trusted.
0 Likes
warrior13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
hmm yes. but it doesnt seem to work in safe mode also(which disables all 3rd party apps)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi again, now try to activate Developer mode to check your multiple fingers touch, go to Settings > about phone > Software informations > Build number ( tap on it 7 times ), go back to Settings > Developer mode > Show taps, there you can test your 3 fingers touch, try the taps in your game ( you can see a white spots wherever you tap on the screen), after checking you can switch off Developer mode at any time.
To solve your issue try to go again to s
Settings > Accessibility > Screen reader > Settings > Quick menu ( Switch all toggles off )
Let me know if this solution works.
warrior13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've tried what you said. doesnt work... 😔
Again only 2 are registering.
Before playing with 2 fingers was smooth, but now sometimes one of them stops registering sometimes. the game I play is cod
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That's strange, I never tried Call of duty on mobile phone, ill let you know if I'll come up with something else.
0 Likes
warrior13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't think it's the game, because as I told you , I tried safe mode and and that problem still existed
0 Likes
Galaxy S
When you activated Developer mode > Show taps, were you able to see the taps of 2 fingers only? have you tried tapping with 3 fingers in any other app or screen?
If the issue exists only during playing then long press on the game icon then tap App info > Storage > clear catch, this will not effect your game data.
Second option is to do the same steps and press Clear data " but this step will reset the game to its original settings " so you have to make sure to have a backup before this attempt.
Otherwise delete the game then reinstall it again.
0 Likes
warrior13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes I was able to see the taps of 2 fingers only. and I deleted the game. still the issue is there.
thing is I always plah the game with 2 fingers. and today for the first time I used 4 fingers . for the first match it worked properly, from the second only 2 fingers registered.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Then you need to go to the last option, a factory reset.
0 Likes
warrior13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
so it's not the display problem?
0 Likes