Original topic:

Much needed attention to S20 FE 5g and one UI in general

(Topic created on: 06-15-2022 05:21 PM)
Extreme_quiet
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I have been observing and i have started to feel, for quite some time, that S20 FE 5g has been overlooked by samsung quite a lot. Users have been reporting quite  few bugs but samsung has been ignoring our clamourings.

These are the points that need to be fixed -
1. The general UI of s20 fe needs a revisit by the developers. One can easily notice some bugs here and there like the quick panel lag.

2. The freezing of quick panel when one tries to drag it down in the landscape mode or after using an app extensively for some time. It is hard to digest that a snapdragon 865 processor is not able to handle basic daily driver apps . The other day I was reading a pdf when I received a notification, i dragged the panel to check it whilst being in landscape mode, and i have to tell you that quick panel froze for 1-2 seconds before coming down. Had i had been playing a game and tried to drag the panel, then the freezing is absolutely acceptable and would have never complaint about it but we users face it while reading PDFs for 10-15 minutes, watching movies, videos as well!

3. Carrier aggregation has degraded a lot, never faced the issue in one UI 3.1. 

4. The native apps also need a revisit, like the phone dialler app, the messaging app. The functionality of these apps is not up to the mark on a premium phone. I have been issuing Google phone, Google messages after being fed up of them. Other native apps like gallery, calculator, clock and all are all excellent and no complain there.

5. The gestures!! Tbh samsung, the gestures (that single bar one, the triple small gesture bars are ok) on samsung mobiles are a big miss than a hit. Earlier i used to think that gestures on mid range phones are mess but I was surprised and still am that they are still a mess on premium devices. The animation with that gesture bar is not acceptable, especially when used in the camera app and in graphic hungry apps. Gestures of other mobile brands are very smooth but not that smooth on samsung phones!
In 2022, it is very much boring to use 3 button navigation bar. 
Please fix the animation while using the one bar gesture.

6. To samsung India, 
Why have not we received the may update?? Mid of June and enquiring about may update!! Other regions have started to receive june update!! 

7. I believe if samsung can come up with such a beautiful Android UI, that is one UI, it can resolve the issues.

We as customers love samsung phones but the buggy, laggy animation here and there have been getting in our way to using our phone to the fullest, and in the future if the problems persist, they might even force us to look for other alternatives, so please fix them. Take time, we do not want fast updates rather we want stable, bug free updates:)

22 Comments
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
All are valid points bro. Samsung has to address these issues. Otherwise what's the point in buying an S series phone?
Extreme_quiet
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, better go with an iPhone?
0 Likes
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yes
sangram21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Dnt know why samsung ignore this device. I think under 35k this device is very good.but samsung just ignore.
Extreme_quiet
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Probably made an excellent phone, and now they are frustrated as all its successors are not up to that mark😅
PrashiPatel
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Looks like that 😂
0 Likes
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Good points bro. I agree that they have disappointed the customers by completely disregarding S20 FE 5G. This would be my last Samsung phone if this continues. Have been a Samsung user since a long time!
Extreme_quiet
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same here, have been and still a samsung user for a long time, but the problems have really started to creep up now. High time that samsung fixed them.
0 Likes
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Even my tab s7 frustrated me a lot.🥺
No updates and lagging experience for 5 months. On 5 June they gave June security patch after that experience improved a bit.

Hope so after June update your experience might improve.🙂🙂