Original topic:

Is this sane? S20FE Exynos 990

(Topic created on: 04-18-2021 02:23 AM)
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S

Is this CPU and Battery temperature normal? Cuz that's what it is after a 15 min talk on Google Duo.
27 Comments
Galaxy S
No ... CPU parformance was Un stable those area .... and the normal tem. Is 35°-45 or max 48°c .... but gameing time it take 50-52° normal ......

But in there case .... its Over Heating ...

Screenshot_20210418-040126_Samsung Members_24092.jpg

Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Is getting bad day by day. And trust me i wasnt gaming. I was on a Video Call when it started showing overheating issue, so to reduce the temp i powered off the device. Then after switching it back on, only 15 min of video call lead me to this..

N tbh i have never seen 35 deg as an operating temp on my device. It's generally 40.. 😐
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I think it's called CPU Throttling Issue right?
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Throttling causes to reduce CPU Temp... but this one isn't that..
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
What does this issue called then? 🤔
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Overheating... CPU throttling is when your CPU reaches at a certain temp, and then to save itself from going furthermore hot CPU limits its performance.

So in this case if it would have been throttling then the temp shouldn't have to be more than 45 deg theoretically, cuz then the OS itself restricts you to launch any app... but in my case none of that is happening.
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Like itself just overclocking to give the best juice as it can to perform better right?
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah correct, but this isn't overlooking and that is why its scary... notice the graph you can see 2 dips there... thats actually CPU being behaving abnormal..
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
So Should he need to check this device to customer care ASAP?
0 Likes