Original topic:

Is this Normal ??

(Topic created on: Wednesday)
Bretski
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using S22 on OneUI 6.1, and I see 2 toggles for fast charging. Is this normal?

29 Comments
Sayan_SS_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It is Only Available In Premium S Series Devices
Guri_S22
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro if you turn on only fast charging then it will charge your phone at 15w and if you turn on superfast charging then it will charge your phone at 25 w. This will give you freedom of choosing charging speed. If you charge your phone with a 25w charger and turn off super fast charging and only fast charging is turned on then your phone will recieve a maximum output of only 15w. You can do that to avoid heating during charging and for better battery health in long time. In mid range or budget Samsung phones you will see option of only superfast charging. Suppose if the phone support 25 w charging then you can charge your phone at 25w max. And if you turn off then it will charge at normal speed that is maximum 10w charging(which is not a fast charging). There is no option to charge the phone at 15w in that phone. Hope now it is clear to you why it shows two opitions.
0 Likes
Bretski
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've tried different combination of those 2 settings, but no luck.
Only when I turn on Super fast charging while being plugged in it shows a spike in charge speed(17-18w) then after few seconds comes down to 8-10w. It's like it can fast charge using just PD protocol and not SFC, but something is limiting it from achieving that.

That makes samsung only compatible with it's proprietary tech, not even PD,QC or PPS, even though it says so.
0 Likes
Bretski
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is for my third party 25w PD3.0, PPS charger.
0 Likes
Guri_S22
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro use original Samsung charger and cable and 25W charging doesn't mean your phone charge constantly at 25w it means your phone charging speed can go upto 25w max it depends on various factor like battery current battery percentage and temp. Your phone will charge at 25w when battery percentage is very low and temp. is cool. As the battery percentage increase or temp. increases the charging speed also decreases maybe your phone will charge at 18w or even low. And after reaching 80% the charging speed decreases more your phone will never achieve 25w constant charging after 80% this is done to keep battery safe. That's why you are achieving 17-18w and then down to 8w. You can try charging your phone with original chager in cool environment and when battery percentage is approx 10% at that time you will achieve a maximum charging speed which could be between 20 to 25w or maybe near 25w. But as battery percentage increases you will see a decreases in charging speed.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes it is normal. Fast charging means 25w charge, super fast charging means 45w charge. Samsung also has 2 types of charging adapters, 25w and 45w. I use 45w charger so I get super fast charging. However S22 base model does not support 45w charging so no idea what speed you'll get in your phone. You can check this link for more clarity https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-super-fast-charging-on-galaxy-s24-ultra...
jviq
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes it is normal fast charging means 25 watt charging and super fast charging
Means 45 watts full potential charging
0 Likes
Rutu2123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes
0 Likes
Roshan0388