Original topic:

Inconsistent heating and overheating on the Galaxy S24 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 02-13-2024 08:02 PM)
MagicalSalad
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello, I've had my 512 GB Titanium Blue S24Ultra for over 2 weeks now and I've noticed frequent overheating issues, which were completely absent on my S23 Ultra. The phone got really hot during initial set up and data transfer, but then continued to have random spikes over the next few days, without any indication of high use by apps or camera (none were indeed in use at the time). It also gets really warm while charging with the official Samsung 45 Watt charger and cable. 

The issues seem to have subsided quite a bit since I have put the performance profile in Light, instead of Standard, but is this an issue only exclusive to my device? Do I have any rogue background apps running that might be causing this? I don't see them in the Thermal Guardian or Battery apps. I still have phases where the phone would get warm to the touch, randomly, especially if it's a menial task like just typing a text or reading an email. Seems to be fine while watching high resolution video on YouTube tho. 

Could the network chip be the culprit? I'm on 5G, but the network isn't always on 5G while travelling within the city or inter state to other cities. 

I live in Mumbai, India by the way, where the temperature is around 35° Celsius & set up my phone from the scratch manually, and not with Smart Switch. 
JonnieBoie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also facing such issue even my spen seems to have melted its outer covering while in the phone
Heating issue are real and battery drain arent normal either
0 Likes
MagicalSalad
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Oh. That sounds extreme. Mine isn't so bad. Seems to have gone completely (except during charging) as I've reduced the Thermal threshold from the Thermal Guardian module in the Good Guardians app, and put it on Light performance mode.
0 Likes
ArunKanavaje
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am not facing any such issue...i am in Mumbai only
MagicalSalad
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Good, maybe it's a software fix then.
0 Likes
pawan56
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi there. I own S23FE devices. When I purchased it I also noticed the same issue. Bt after 2 to 3 weeks my problem was solved. Give time to u r device for calibration.

I also suggest u to go service centre and ask them to physically check.
0 Likes
MagicalSalad
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You're right, I'm going to give it a month or so. By the time Samsung will probably release an update or two, as well. I can perform a wipe cache partition too.
0 Likes
pawan56
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah ...actually I was truly trusted by battery drain issue...bt after december patch ...my problem solved. Just try slow charging.
0 Likes
MagicalSalad
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
My only serious issue actually is actually micro stutters while scrolling certain apps.
0 Likes
pawan56
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It's not a big issue man...just give a time to u r device.
0 Likes
ankitpsy123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Switch of battery protection and restart your phone 📱thank me later !
0 Likes