Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Hey Guys,I just wanna ask you,How many of you use RAM Plus feature in your phone

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 12:39 PM)
Jack414
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Now that One UI 5 allows us to enable or disable the Ram Plus feature,I want to know how many of you are still using it? Do u actually find any difference while using it or you think its just a gimmick? Tbh, with Ram Plus turned off,my camera app used to crash sometimes when I did alot of photography and videography with high brightness on but it didn't happen when I turned on the Ram Plus.Any opinions and assessments are welcome here 😁

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I have turned it off completely. No performance hit was noticed.

But in case you do heavy photography, then its good to turn on ram plus with maxed out option.

View solution in context

Solution
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have the default setting, idk how's without cus I never tried to set it off or to change the valueScreenshot_20230130_125352_Device care.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
SanjitX_M32
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
My device M32 after enableing ram plus option i have noticed some minor stutter and occasionall hiccups are not happening anymore so it's not a gimmick for me because this is a entry-level budget phone so for me it's useful.Screenshot_20230130_130215_Device care_1000010996_1675063935.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
SanjitX_M32
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes i think 12gb ram variant don't need ram plus unless, you Do lots of editing in 4k or lots of multi tasking activities in background, anyways which Galaxy ur using currently.

View solution in context

24 Comments
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I have turned it off completely. No performance hit was noticed.

But in case you do heavy photography, then its good to turn on ram plus with maxed out option.
Jack414
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah I agree,same here I do alot of photography and shoot some 4k videos every now and then so I guess Ram plus is helpful in that case.I saw some people saying that turning it off saves some 4 to 5 percent battery,while I didn't notice it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
See, its all on the usecase of the user. Not everyone got a use case of every feature available. In my case, i sometime click photos and sometimes game. So i have turned it off as it doesnt help me at all.
Solution
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have the default setting, idk how's without cus I never tried to set it off or to change the valueScreenshot_20230130_125352_Device care.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Sswitch it off in case you you dont do any heavy gaming or such. And then notice the perf in both cases.
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I don't play games
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Then turn it off. You own 12GB enough to run photoshop and blender on phone 🤣
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
😂 😂

It was set like this and I haven't changed it... I tend to not change the settings which I don't good understood or if I don't have any benefits in doing so.

Are there any minuses in keeping it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
No not as such. I kept it off anyways.