Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Heating issue with Samsung S10 lite.

(Topic created on: 02-18-2020 01:25 PM)
Raghu567
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Its been 10 days since im using s10 lite. Since 5 days im using the device with new protective back cover and im starting to feel the heat produced by the device.
While Charging , It warms upto 39° Celsius. While doing casual browsing, it heats upto 37° and heats upto 40° while playing Asphalt 9. 
In this regard, i contacted samsung care, but they were just telling some troubleshoots which i did already. Do you think the stats i presented is normal for a smartphone ? If not, What should i do now to resolve the issue ? Please let me know guys.

Update: The issue persisted for about 10 more days. Then suddenly had a thought and Updated all my apps in one go. Since then there is no such overheating problems. While browsing, it shoot upto 36°, 38-39° at the max after playing Asphalt 9 for about 30-40 minutes which are under normal limits. So, as of now issue has disappeared for me. I advise to the people who are experiencing the heating issue to Update all your apps in the device. It worked for me , it might work you. Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi, your phone temperature seems to be in the normal range while charging and playing games. It looks a little high while just casual browsing. But then again max temperature of 40 degrees is completely okay. The phone's temperature also depends on the ambient temperature. Here where I stay the ambient temperatures at daytime is often above 30 degrees Celsius, thus my S10 Lite under load feels a little hot naturally. Your temperatures are completely fine. Consider your ambient temperatures and then decide if it's too hot.

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Comments
Solution
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi, your phone temperature seems to be in the normal range while charging and playing games. It looks a little high while just casual browsing. But then again max temperature of 40 degrees is completely okay. The phone's temperature also depends on the ambient temperature. Here where I stay the ambient temperatures at daytime is often above 30 degrees Celsius, thus my S10 Lite under load feels a little hot naturally. Your temperatures are completely fine. Consider your ambient temperatures and then decide if it's too hot.
0 Likes
Raghu567
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you for the suggestion. ambient temperature in here would be around 31°-34° Celsius. casual browsing for a period of 30 minutes would make the device warm upto 36°. Im not really sure whether its performing under normal temperature. As of now im waiting for security update to get it fixed ASAP.
Haewo
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Your ambient temp is high, if an electronic device is working it is bare minimum it will shoot up by few degrees, casual browsing temp of 36 with 31-34 ambient temperature is too good, your device is working in excellent condition.

_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Protective cover/case traps heat.So,Try to use it without cover.
0 Likes
Raghu567
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah it could the issue with protective cover. when i was using the device with the cover provided in the box, the silicon case was preventing from exposing heat. Now when iam using the device with new protective cover, the cover gets warm as the device heat up.
0 Likes
Razz666
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thank you. I was playing asphalt 9 with the silicon cover (that came in the box ) on my NOTE 10 Lite. And the device was generating a lot of heat on the upper side. After reading this thread Inplayed without the cover and heating was normal.

0 Likes
Joy003
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
when i on mobile hotspot my Samsung Level U will disconnect and then i will off hotspot and connect then it will be fine and work properly.
i will tested this and its happened every time.
so fix this issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there,

Since you have already performed the basic troubleshooting steps, so we request you to kindly register your concern in Samsung members app (click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions) in order to examine the issue.

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
DipakBorade
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am facing the same problem. 

0 Likes