Original topic:

Galaxy s20 fe 5g fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 08-13-2023 04:40 PM)
Tusker18
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Its not even a year of purchase, suddenly from today fingerprint isnt working!! Tried removing and adding, no respite. Hadnt installed update since july, installed but still doesnt register. Tried restart, removing cache and data from biometrics system app, increased touch sensetivity for screen protector. Registers 35% very quickly and then takes many attempts to get 4% further each time. Mostly gets to 35-45% max. Sometimes goes till 65% and says couldnt register!! 

Currently have one ui 5.1, security patch-01 july 2023. 

Have also tried checking if fingerprint sensor is fine using *#0*#. It says pass... 

If anyone hss same issue please help if you found out the solution/reason for this. 

Finger print sensor working fine

Fingerprint registration 

Fingerprint registeration 

13 Comments
Jiminnn
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
have you applied any glass protector on your phone?
0 Likes
Tusker18
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes I have one. But it was working with the protector on from past 4 months. Dont know how it suddenly stopped. It still does tries to register till 35% or so...
Jiminnn
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I'll recommend to you try registering once again without the screen guard.

And if the problem remains same, then do vivit service center.
0 Likes
sukhjinders
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Increase touch sensitivity
0 Likes
Pavan_25
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I been facing similar issue. I am not using any screen protector. Earlier it use to fail while registering till 35%. Now it is showing fingerprint sensor not working. Screenshot_20230814_114049_Settings.jpg
Tusker18
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh thats a concern then! Did you also get this after update? Today I got two fingerprints registered with screen protector on. But not once it matched the fingers and not even once I could unlock with fingerprints. It always says no match!! I removed screen protector and tried but it still says no Match
0 Likes
Pavan_25
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Earlier it was failing at 35%. after software update I tried to register fingerprint. Now It is not opening the UI to add fingerprint itself. It shows fingerprint sensor is not working
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query. We request you kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. So that they can check the exact issue with the device and fix it as the earliest. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Chirag990
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The same problem happen with me I try everything and even I reset my smartphones but still fingerprint reader is not working then I go to service centre and they call me to your fingerprint sensor is not working so it's going to be changed and the new fingerprint sensor cost me around 1500rs and i changed my fingerprint sensor. And now it's working fine.