Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra: Unboxing and first review

(Topic created on: 01-25-2024 07:58 PM)
kd9988
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

So today I received my Galaxy S24 Ultra in the Titanium Black variant. Of course, this is the 512GB variant thanks to the offer on the Samsung website. This is a small Unboxing experience that I will be sharing here. Please drop any questions in the comment. I will try to answer all of your queries. 

The outer package:

The outer package was a pretty normal, cardboard box with the Samsung logo on top of it, however, the print did vanish thanks to the type of ink used here. On opening the lid, the phone was lying wrapped inside a thin cardboard film for shock absorption during the transit. 

20240125_190321.jpg20240125_190331.jpg

20240125_190344.jpg

Galaxy S24 Ultra box

So now the most interesting part of this sort of an unboxing review. The Galaxy S24 Ultra. The box, comes in dark black, with the animated style image of the phone on the box. There is a subtle drop shadow behind the device if you see it closely. Pretty much nothing changes in the box design, except the device image here. 

The Box of Galaxy S24 UltraThe Box of Galaxy S24 Ultra

Inside the box, the Galaxy S24 Ultra, lying flat in its gorgeous Titanium Black color. Other than that, there is the usual charging cable, documentation, etc. 

The Galaxy S24 Ultra: Short review

I used the Galaxy S24 Ultra during the Unpacked 2024 held here in Delhi. I, to be honest, liked the device's in-hand feel. The boxy design suits me so well! During the whole event, I was walking around the display booths looking for the Titanium Black, because I wanted that color, and everywhere I saw the Titanium Gray or the Titanium Violet.  But ultimately, I found the color, and man oh man! The color looks so good in-hand! The very next day, after a lot of struggle, I got to pre-order the device in Titanium Black, and here it is today.

In the hardware department, the device doesn't feel that heavy, maybe thanks to the Titanium used in the frame, but it is what it is. The display is outright sharp and bright. Please don't judge me. I come from the Galaxy S21 FE after all! And there is a very significant difference between both of their displays. 

Hold on, Why I am comparing a so-flagship display with an actual flagship display here? >_<

Other than that, the device does come with a Dual-SIM 5G Standby as well. 

Screenshot_20240125_175433_Call settings.jpg

Coming to the software department, the very first thing I noticed during the setup was that Google is now asking you to set your preferred Search engine for Home Page and Chrome. 

Honestly, this is the first time I saw this.Honestly, this is the first time I saw this.

But Since I use Google the most, I did set it up. Post that the setup of the device was pretty much streamlined. 

Post this comes to the home screen. As of now, there are a very small number of Samsung apps that can be removed. The Samsung Messages still exist, and you cannot remove it normally. Besides that, there are no bloats, which is expected. 

One thing I liked is the new Lockscreen - the Widgets make it look super nice, instead of looking into the plain clock all the time. Coming to the Clock, you can now add weather details inside the clock as well. 

Lock screenLock screen

Alongside is the new AOD, which comes from Apple's Idea of AOD. But here, you can turn it off completely! 

Now comes the camera. Here, I feel like Samsung needs to work on the camera software. Well, cannot complain, as this is a very new device, and Samsung knows about the quality after all. Moreover, there is no software update available for the device yet, so I will say, we wait. In concluding the camera results based on a very new software build is likely to be pointless.  

This is it. Thanks for reading till the end. If you left in between, you might not be reading this line. 

16 Comments
Galaxy S
Great congratulations brother for your new device
Galaxy S
✌️
Galaxy S
Congrats brother
0 Likes
Galaxy S
✌️
AGalaxyuser
Expert Level 4